Chapter 10

Chapter 10: 

☁Quidditch Through the ages☁

'THIS YEARS QUIDDITCH TEAM' I read, in big bold letters, 

'Captain/Chaser: Caleb Hook
Chaser 2: Yasmin Chaang
Chaser 3: Thomas Ladenna
Beaters: James Potter and Fred Weasley
Seeker: Lily Luna Potter
Keeper: Jermey Scott

All team members please attend first practice, meet at pitch, Tuesday, 4:35 sharp.' 

I yawned and turned around to Albus, who was still staring at his little sister's name on the list. He was probably dwelling on wheather she had been a good seeker or not when we played at their place/the Burrow.

I expected I wouldn't get in actually- I mean, there are many other good players this year. But...It still was kinda depressing. 

"Oh! MERLIN'S PANTS! I GOT IN!" Lily cried joyfully,as she stared at the list excitedly, proceeding into jumping up and down with her friend, Alice. 

"Congrats."  Albus told her, patting her back and stalking off. Lily didn't seem to mind. She turned to me, her green eyes sparkling.

"Well done, Lily!" I congratulated her. I mean, I would like her to congratulate me if I had gotten in. And I was happy for her. She hugged me happily and then ran off, piruetting along the room joyfully, Alice following close behind.

I rubbed my eyes and we walked down to breakfast together with Albus. Bex was already there, her pretty long hair covering her face as she tried to find the right chords on her guitar.  I eyed the guitar suspiciously, since I was in no mood to hear her mad songs at this time in the morning. Why she brought it here, was the question.

"Hello children." she sang out as I sat across from her. She placed her hand over the strings and looked up. "Are you two very depressed?" 

Albus shrugged.

"No," I answered. Even if I was slightly upset, Rebecca didn't need to know that. And I should be happy; James and Lily got in. I am happy.

"Good! Cuz.." she ran her hand through the strings dramatically,"We shall go to Hogsmeade next week!" Her eyes danced and she pushed her sticker plastered guitar behind her. 

"So, we have to go to the three broomsticks." I stared dazedly through the various heads of all the students, barely listening to Bex. The three broomsticks was an Ancient bar/café thing, and its smell reminded me of old people. I still cannot understand why Bex adores that place- Although I still tagg along because, one Bex is my friend but most importantly, I finds it intresting- I mean, come on that place survived a WAR people! Albus on the other hand, hates it. 'To visit the place where our parents enjoyed sipping butterbeer and talked about what was 'hip' is boring and tedious. Aren't you tired of hearing about what they did all the time? I would rather go to the 'Zooming Quaffle' " he would tell me whenever Bex (or I) suggested it. The Zoomig Quaffle was another café which was a modern place and much nicer than the Broomsticks (In Albus's opinion). And it is probably only because its decked out with Quidditch stuff. Which is cool, but still.

"And I need to check out WWW" she added, reffering to the 'Weasley Wizard Wheezes' which had recentley opened a branch in Hogsmeade, in the place of the old 'Zonko's. I think Uncle George made a deal with the owner, and now it was like some kind of joint buisness. Anyways, it was very sucessfull.
I nodded along. Andrew, Albus's friend sat down beside him and smiled wearily at us. 

My mind turned back to Quidditch.
I could remeber heaps of Quidditch games we played at home. 
At Christmas, where Hugo almost fell off his broom. 
During the holidays, when James practically broke his Bat by slamming into a tree and Ginny had a heart attack when he and Fred put fake blood on his face. 
I also gave the rest of the family  'quite a laugh' when I dropped the Quaffle on poor Crookshanks tail. That was his turn to have a heart attack.

Bex waving her hand in my face brought me back to the present. She coked her head playfully, like a mad puppy. "Wanna fly around the field?" 

"I thought you didn't like Quidditch!" Albus said confusedly, as she never really tried out for the team and usually didn't really comment on what team she cheered for (at school it was obviously Gryffindor). She looked at the roof and back. 

"Al, even if I don't try out for Quidditch - because honestly, I am truley hopless at it-  doesn't mean I don't enjoy it!" She flipped her hair aside and forked some scrambled eggs into her mouth and swallowed. "Would you like me to say that you don't like.. Um.. Carrotts...because you...don't buy them?" I snorted. 

"I wouldn't mind really." ALbus replied. Bex half-smiled and waved her hand dismissevley.

Albus opened up the copy of Quidditch Through the Ages which he found in the room of requirement and was reading notes which had been stuch into the book. I don't know how they did it though, since the books were charmed to bite anyone who damaged them