Chapter 31

A/N: I think this story may never end. And pardon the crappiness of the last chapter. Please vote and stuff if you liekt his one though :) thanks.

Chapter 31

"Well, with this dealt with, Yaxley, you can go back to searching." Emma commands, waving her newly-found cousin away. Really, this girl has some issues. She turns back to us and sits down on a chair. I glance from her to Yaxley repeatedly, trying to find some reensemblance. They have the same height -  not that it matters, and the same dark eyes sunken into their faces like dark wholes. Emma's usually puffy brown hair is matted against her head, and there is a trickle of blood making it's way down her neck.

I can feel my ankle burning from where the snake scraped it. I try to shake it off, but the more I think of it, the more it burns. I choose to advert my mind onto something else. Like, how can someone like Emma be in Gryffindor? She isn't brave; this is cowardly. All of this is. She isn't anything like a Gryffindor. She should be a hat stall. Not even Slytherin deserves her. 

I bite back my last thought, because a small voice in my head keeps reminding me that the boy sitting beside me is also from Slytherin. And that my cousin is as good as one, being a hat stall and almost being sorted into the green house. 

Scorpius is rigid beside me, having given up on escaping by struggle. I don't know why he is taking so long to charm himself out of it though, because his wand is just sitting under his leg waiting. Meanwhile, Emma is twirling my wand in her hand interestedly. She finally sets it down and looks at us. That horrid smile never leaves her face. 

"I ought to explain some things to you, shouldn't I?" Like the evil genius you are? Why, Emma yes you should, so I can finally discover why you decided to kindly jinx half the school and put hem in the infirmary. I still feel like punching myself for not seeing this one coming. "I will, since you really can't do anything about it!"

She seems to be enjoying this. Yaxley is grumbling behind her, filing through papers and books, finiding nothing he deems usefull. "Ah, so fun to have someone to share my ingenious work with, besides that doof. Rose, you would have been exceptionally usefull in all this, but you aren't inolved ...yet..  Anyhow, my plan yes? I wasn't running around the school selecting people to curse at random. No, I was causing a distraction. Rather, Doofus over there was causing a distraction so could get down to work."

I twitch as Scorpius rolls his head back, as if he was bored already. Emma carries on, "You might not know this, but I am related to Yaxley very closely. You see, his father, he is my Uncle. So naturally, I talked to him often. He's a Death Eater, and you've heard about all their rebellions, haven't you Rose? You too, Scorpius, it's a wonder your father hasn't been arrested already." 

"My father-" 

 "Oh save it," she says dismissevly, "Well now they have a bigger plan. A plan which will revenge the Dark Lord. It will-"

"The Dark Lord has been dead for ages, how do you think you're going to get him 'revenge'? You're delusional." I say, flipping my head so my hair stops falling into my eyes. Emma stares at me with a indifferent expression. 

"It will punish the ones who deserve to be punished, and get rid of those who do not deserve power. And they will fix this ridiculous school, and teach future generations how to fully appreciate magic. Our generation will be powerfull. SO powerful. No one will stop us, we'll be able to do whatever we want. We can take over the world. Use those stupid Muggles as servants."

Has she gone insane? Muggles knowing about magic? That's probably one of the most ridiculous ideas I have ever heard. Why would anyone want to demolish what we built over the centuries by exposing magic to muggles? 

I glance at Scorpius. He looks as incredulous as I feel. 

"And I will finally get the recognition I deserve, for putting up with this school for five years. Now I'm taking it down." she says, smiling, her eyes lost in some illusion. "I only have to find the charm which disarms the barrier and all chaos errupts."

Ok, she's definitely lost her mind. Still it's pretty scary to think of her disarming the protective spells which cover the school, and exposing us to Death Eaters. If only we could contact someone. And surely Professor McGonagall knows how to hide something as imporrtant as this.  I nudge Scorpius and he shuffles unconfortably. 

"Rosie, you should know this shouldn't you?"Emma stands up and leans down so her eyes meet mine. "I wonder if your so called brilliant mind could help." 

"Yeah, I'll help you when hell freezes over!" I spit out, glaring at her. I feel Scorpius relax beside me. He probably managed to break the bond which were holding him. Emma laughs amusedly. 

"Well, we don't need youto do it voluntarily, because we do have other methods," she says, tracing my cheek with her wand. "Like the imperius curse. Quite famous, it is." 

Scorpius mutters to himself, and I feel the spell which was holding me slacken. I'm free. Scorpius glances at me and nods. I smile at Emma. Then I proceed to quickly kick her away from me, at the same moment in which Scorpius jumps up.

"Expelliarmus!" he yells, pointing at Yaxley. Yaxley looks up, completly taken by surprise, and falls backwards, his wand falling at Scorpius's feet. Emma groans from her position sprawled on the floor and glares at me angrily. Her hand rests above her stomach, where I kicked her. I stand up, and am about to reach for my wand when I realise it'son the table beside her. Shoot. Emma smiles wickedly nd tarts to lean over. I sprint towards it, but I am too late. 

"Rictosempra!" I feel my feet give away from under me as I fly backwards, smashing my head on a bookshelve. I wince as the world goes black. I open my eyes and find everything to be spinning out of control. I close them again. This isn't a problem, I tell myself, eventhough it's not true. I breath in slowly. 

When I open my eyes, Emma is towering over me again, her face grim. "And none of this kicking me, now get up," she orders, but is sent flying into the window, glass showering into the room like deadly snowflakes. I gasp and stand up,  leaning against the bookshelve and looking desperatly for my wand. It lies a few feet away, and I quickly take it. Thank Merlin.

Scorpius's nose is bleeding, but he apparently seems unharmed. Yaxley is twitching on the floor beside him as he stares at Emma. 

Suddenly, I feel the floor start to tremble. My knuckles are whute as I grasp the bookcase for support, and Scorpius tries to keep steady. That's when the floor emplodes beneath us. I feel the floor slip away from my feet and all my weight leave my body ass I sil through the air, my arms flailing as I try to grasp on to something. I fall, hitting my head hard against the floor just in time to see a clad of dark figures flying through the windows. Then everything goes black.