Chapter 2: The Clock

"What's wrong?" The sisters ask simultaneously.

"Nothing." I answer slowly.

We have nothing to work with, so we head out searching for a place with water or food. The world around us is very peculiar. The trees are all so dead looking, yet they are alive. Somewhat like a zombie, but not. After miles upon miles upon miles, we don't find anything. We're all weak, tired, dehydrated, and hungry. After a few more hours of walking, we come across a lake or at least it looks like a lake. It's perfectly still, almost like a mirror. And when you touch it, the water doesn't move. Hmm....

I gasp a big breath of air into my lungs and dunk my head into the water like I'm bobbing for apples. Fish. All across the floor of the water source are fish. But not living fish, dead fish. Their skeletons. "That's gonna be you, if you don't take your head out of the water!!" My conscience warns me.

I take my head out of the water and let the oxygen fill up my lungs completely. The lack of oxygen makes my head spin and send a small migraine into my temples. "What kind of world is this?" I ask myself. So much confusion has overtaken me and i feel like I'm dreaming. The world looks real but everything, hunger, weird trees, everything seems so unreal.

There's the glimmer again.

"LOOK!" I screamed while pointing at the large willow.

It's gone.

"She's seeing things again." Cora whispers loudly to Rose.

"I am not! Follow me!" I sternly yell.

No matter what i had to do, I am gonna figure out what the sparkle is. Running up to the mysterious willow tree, i look carefully and it's slightly moving.

"What are we-"

"Shh!!!!" I shush Rose instantly.

The glimmer is back. Racing towards the willow tree is all I can do now, so I'm going fast. The glimmer is now closer then ever now. It's a little creature. Small, fragile, delicate, maybe beautiful. It's almost entrancing.

"Tick, tock, tick, tock." Out of nowhere. this noise fills every corner of my mind. Huh? My head starts spinning and a shrill noise starts ringing through my ears. I stumble towards Cora and Rose and notice they are experiencing the same things. Suddenly, something glittering like stars in the night sky comes flying toward me with a menacing look in the creatures eyes.