Chapter 8: A Different Kind

All of us sat for hours under the willow tree, planning, training and making very tiny weapons, that to me, were toothpicks. We formed an army of 517 men and 12 women (for healing). The Queen is also going into attack because she's a little stronger then the Clockwork Fairies Queen.

"What are the 'children' going to do?" Arianibell asks.

"You will help with the healers and make weapons for the soldiers." The Queen answers.

"Okay. On it." Arianibell says then flies up to the top of the willow, then returns a minute later with a small hammer. She starts banging small twigs and bark off the tree for an unknown reason. "Queen? Will we need the bark for healing?" She asks the Queen.

"Yes. We'll need enough for each soldier. A few baskets will do." The Queen says properly.

"Okay." Arianibell says then goes back to work.

We keep working on the weapons and the planning, when Rose came back from lookout with a Clockwork Fairy in her hand. So, we locked the fairy up and said we'd release her if she tells us what she knows.

"They're planning an attack. They have animals, that they turned into slaves. Don't hurt me. I'm not a Clockwork Fairy and I'm not one of you. I'm different." Explains the frightened fairy.

She's not a Clockwork Fairy or a good fairy. Then what is she?