Chapter 18: The King

The scream burned straight through my brain and scared the death out of me. 

The Queen looks calm and relaxed but my whole body is shaking with fright. I look at Anastasia out of the corner of my eye and she looks calm too. I guess there is nothing to worry about then. I wipe the sweat that was forming on my brow off and take big girl breaths to cool my anxiety. 

Suddenly, a bright light that's the color of fire comes pouring out of the tomb in small beams. "Did she detonate?" I ask myself million times. It looks like fire but has more of a sun ray look to it. I wonder what's going on down there. 

After another minute or two, the rays shining out of the tomb disappear, and a slight mumbling noise comes from the bottom of the staircase and then turns into a happy squeal. Arianibell comes up the staircase a moment later with royalty showing through with an odd figure trailing behind. It stands with broad shoulders, a very large head, and muscular limbs. Once it is in the light i can tell what it is.

He is wearing royal clothing that shines a majestic red, some gold jewelry around his neck and thin socks covered in dirt. He almost looks zombie-ish. A little green in his skin like he's about to hurl, droopy eyelids like he's never slept before and overgrown fingernails that are a pasty yellow color.

Arianibell looks really pale, exhausted and energetic at the same time. Her face shows the biggest smile that i think her face is stuck that way. Even though her skin is a sickly pale, it radiates a white glow that is entrancing to look at. She takes a big breath of air in and jumps into the creatures arms. "I love you dad!"