Chapter 24: Lies

I back away instantly with fear and confusion running through my veins. The first Proximity Fairy was a Clockwork Fairy. "This can't be true. It's just me. Just my imagination." I persuade myself over and over again. The gear is flashing over my vision like a slide show presentation. The marking makes no sense. How could the marking change over time? It couldn't have. This is just my imagination.

My eyes flash open and I'm right where i was when i was talking with the Queen. Spinning like a record, my head sends shock waves through my brain and the Queen stands before me all blurry. My eyes refocus on her and she is staring at me in a concerned manner. 

"What just happened?" The Queen asks me.

"I don't know. I know what happened, but i don't know how to explain it. It's all so confusing. None of it made sense." I reply instantly to the Queen.

I explain the whole scenario that went through my head with many confusing sentences to the Queen. She nods a lot and when the explaining is all finished, we go around the new civilization and take down all the posters of Mercedes. It took a lot of effort, but we managed to get them all down.

After all that, we got the whole population together and told them the truth about Mercedes. They looked at us a little odd and some fairies threw stuff at us, but with some scolding and yelling, the message was received. 

After the meeting we got back to the town construction, and something odd happened.

The ground trembled and a horrible shrieking noise filled the ears of every fairy in the area.

"Mercedes..."