Chapter 28: Flashback

I'm cold. A weird cold. Like I'm dead. Buried alive. Sleeping.

I stare at the gravestone imagining about what i did and how Mercedes died. Now i know.

She didin't create the Proximity Fairies. It was just a cover for who she really was. It was the day that the war started between the two kinds. Our Queen was different. It was the one before the one replacing her. The two Queens that were fighting were creating a blood bath. Many were dying. The two rulers were shooting opposite magic at each other and they were very injured from the crossfires.

Just when the two Queens were about to die from the war they created, a magic light appeared between them and it was a baby. Me. The Proximity Fairy was falling to the ground and i appeared and her eyes opened and she started glowing and floating. Mercedes was falling too. But she just kept falling and when i came, a red light engulfed her and she started looking more like the devil. It was a little scarring at first, but i got used to it.

On the ground laid Mercedes. Dead. It looked like she's been dead for a while now, but in a way it didn't. The Proximity Fairies won. The Clockwork Fairies lost.

But why was i there?