Chapter 4: Clockwork Fairies Arising

"I think it knows that I've seen a fairy before. But i thought fairies were good. Like Tinker Bell" I thought. I felt like my brain was being watched. Not in a good way though. Like when you're cheating on your boyfriend and you don't know that he's looking at you while on a date with the other guy. But it's not that way. It's more like you have a stalker that follows you everywhere and knows more about you than you know about yourself.

"There are good fairies. Everything needs an opposite, so that's where my kind comes in." Replies the fairy in a shrill voice.

"How did you-"

"Telepathic abilities. All fairies got 'em." Interrupts the wicked fairy. "I'm Vic, and this is my family."

Every willow in sight starts sparkling rapidly and one tree at a time a whole group of fairies comes rising out of them. I'd say all together there are about 500 fairies. In each tree. I start getting heart palpitations from what's stuck in my vision. How can there be so many fairies in this world. Where are the humans. It's almost like they all fell off the face of the earth in a blink of an eye. But why?

Cora and Rose come up behind me slowly, staring in awe at what's happening. I can tell that they are confused and scared at the same time. What is going on...........

The small fairy on the ground is laughing like the Wicked Witch of the West and has the most grim smile on her face that I've ever seen.

Terror sweats build up on my face and drip onto my knees like a spitting rain. I start quivering with fear and chills enter every bone, muscle and artery in my body. I try staying still, but it's almost like I'm stuck like this, forever.

"Nice to meet you." Vic says sarcastically.

"We are the clockwork fairies."