4

'Well I think this calls for a celebration tonight' Tristan high-fived me as we entered into the house.

'Thank you for coming with me' I thanked him.

'How did it go?' Dad asked, walking towards us in the hallway.

'Got a job at the local cafe' I smiled. He hugged me tightly and kissed my head,

'It's not a big deal' I laughed, squirming my way out of his arms.

'You just landed yourself a job, like your first job ever' He gasped, clapping his hands over exaggeratedly to make it look like a big deal. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

-

'Just get lost and don't ever speak to me again!' I heard Brad yelling on the phone from Tristan's bedroom which is right next to mine.

'Do you think he's alright?' I asked Tristan who's sat on my bed.

'Doesn't sound like it' He replied, furrowing his eyebrows in worry. Brad entered in my bedroom, taking a huge deep breath before speaking.

'What's up?' He asked, acting as if nothing happened.

'Nothing, who were you calling?' Tristan asked, patting down an empty space on my bed beside him, signalling Brad to sit down. As he sat down, he took another deep breath. I was just stood beside my bed, looking down on them.

'I was calling Jake, my best friend. Well, he used to be. He told me everything he did when I was in America with my family, including the fact he was sleeping with my ex girlfriend the whole time I was gone' He explained.

'But she's your ex girlfriend. Why do you care?' I asked, confused.

'It's not about that. Jake and I promised each other that we would never sleep with any of our ex girlfriends' Brad sighed, running his hand through his hair. I don't know why, but I found myself smiling and watching his soft brown curls fall back on his face.

'Yeah the bro code. Dude.' Tristan said, shocked. I laughed, shaking my head slightly to stop myself from extreme laughter.

'What's so funny?' Brad asked, looking annoyed.

'Nothing' I grinned ear to ear. He grabbed my arm and pulled me down on my bed, and sat on me.

'Brad, get off. Tristan, help!' I yelled, trying to squirm out of the tight grip. Tristan just sat there laughing and decided to take a picture, Brad posed with his two fingers as a 'peace' sign.

'You guys are so mean' I frowned, laying still. 'Also, Brad you're so heavy!' I chuckled, trying to push him off of me.

'Brad, Aria is very tiny so you might squish her to death' Tristan laughed, giving Brad his hand so he can grab it and get off of me.

'Thanks. I guess' I chuckled, sitting back up on my bed.