5

I put on my red leather jacket and head downstairs to the kitchen.

'I'm off out now, see you later' I say after kissing my mum and dad on the foreheads then head out the front door.

I make my way to the shopping centre and walk in Costa and orders a hot chocolate. I sit down with my drink on the table, and I pull my phone out of my jacket to receive messages from James and Connor, asking if I've seen Brad. I reply, saying no but I'm gonna help and find him.

After a while of walking around the shopping centre to see if I could find Brad, there wasn't any luck.

'Hey, I don't see him here' I say on the phone to Connor.

'He said something about going somewhere to clear his head' He says. I instantly knew where he is.

'That's it, I know where he is! I'll text you when I see him' I exclaim before hanging up and start making my way out of the shopping centre.

-

I spot a figure with brown soft curls sitting alone on a bench, staring at the ground. I slowly walk to him, sitting down beside him.

'Hey' I softly speak. Brad looks up at me with his sad teary eyes, then looks away to wipe his tears.

'What's wrong?' I put my hand on his shoulder, furrowing my eyebrows with worry.

'My grandad passed away last night' His voice breaks, resting his face in his hands. I rub my hand on his back, trying my best to comfort him but I'm just bad at this.

'I'm so sorry' I gasp, not knowing what else to say.

'I was meant to meant to be catching a train to Birmingham to see my grandparents but then a phone call woke me up at 3 in the morning' He explains. He looks at me in silence then looks away again.

'I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry Brad' I sigh, wrapping my arms around him. I hug him tightly before we got interrupted by James and Liv.

'I see you found him then' Liv says out of breath, with her hands on her knees, trying to get her breath back. I look back at Brad who is staring down at his feet, I can't help but think how cute he is.