Chapter 2: Three Choices

The hallway was long, narrow, and of course made of metal. It stretched on forever, the only light was from white panels lining the top of the roof. It was just large enough to fit a dragon, but not large enough to fly. There was nothing else in the hallway, no other pathways inside and no doors, except for the one leading into the corridor and one at the end.

Through the corridor walked a group of humans, all in the black uniforms of A.O.D.H with guns held to their chests. In the middle of the group walked a single dragon with a silver shell. She seemed nervous, looking around the corridor as if she had seen it before. Whenever she hesitated the humans pushed her forward more, until at last they reached the large door at the end.

There was no hesitation as the door was pushed open, revealing an inky blackness on the inside. It almost beckoned them forward, drawing them inside with a mixture of fear and dread. The dragoness in their midst let out a growl of fear, and attempted to back up, but a sharp hit to the soft scales on her side caused her to whimper and take a step forward.

"In you go!" said one of the humans with a laugh.

She whimpered again, lowering her head and walking into the pitch-black darkness.

Silver's eyes snapped open, her breathing heavy and uneven. She shivered softly, blinking rapidly as she tried to recover from the dream. Another one that could happen soon in the future. Very soon. The hallway had been A.O.D.H, and she wasn't much older either. Calming herself down the silver dragoness slowly got to her feet, groaning softly as she stretched her wings.

The dreams were still there, a side affect of her time spent out of time. They came and went every so often. Usually they were quite good, and she didn't see anything important, like a human going to work in the morning or some dragon of the past sparring against one of their trainers. It was very interesting, and a lot of the dreams were very educational, but it was ones like these that she hated the most. Nightmares of her own future.

Shivering again she forced herself to forget about the dream. It was only a possible future anyway, not something that was certain to happen. She walked over to the stable door and looked outside. She couldn't tell what time of day it was, but there were a number of other dragons sleeping in the stables around her. She snorted quietly and turned around, sitting near her nest. She was hungry, and now bored. There was nothing to do in prison.

Sighing she studied the layout again. It was a reasonably sturdy place, with little to no weaknesses in the bars and metal. Along the back wall ran some sort of metallic pipe. For a moment she stared at it, before snorting softly and turning away. She could probably cut through the bars with her tail if she wanted to, but in the end it would probably do more harm then good. With the device on her head she wouldn't be able to escape anyway.

Sighing softly she curled around herself again and lay down, avoiding the nest of sticks and straw in the left hand corner. She would rather sleep on the metal floor then in that. An idea came to her. Seeing as there really was little else to do she decided on making her own nest of metal, if she could. Gathering elronium in her throat she began to carefully sculpt the bottom of her nest, using her tongue and tail to create a smooth surface. At least she could still use her element, unlike when she had been captured by D.E.D.

For a couple of hours she worked on the nest. It was slow work, but she was used to it. Making things with her metal was one of her favourite past times. So she sat down, slowly working. It usually took her about five hours to make a full nest, and she had plenty of time.

When she was about halfway done the sound of clanging feet on the floor caused her to raise her head in interest. Standing up on her feet she walked over to the stable door and looked out to see Diana walking toward her. The human looked a little tired, but otherwise as formidable as ever. Silver grumbled slightly. She hoped they would at least give her something to eat soon.