Chapter 27: Nightmares

"There it is," breathed Firefly, impressed.

The large group of dragons had flown in through the mountains, and because there was no longer an illusion covering Sky Mountain, its wonder was in plain sight. The massive peak rose high above the surroundings, clouds floating around the top with the lowering sun casting a long shadow. Unlike most mountains it didn't have snow present at the tip.

"It's so... green," exclaimed another dragon, admiring the forest that had grown within the crater.

Silver chuckled at that. She wondered how long most of her group had stayed within Antarctica. As safe as it was, it was still a wasteland. Very little grew and it was always incredibly cold. But here... they had a chance to see what life was like on the outside of the Syndicate, in the other dragon haven.

The group circled down into the large crater surrounding Sky Mountain. They attracted quite a bit of attention. There were many groups of dragons flying in the sky when they arrived, twisting and turning through the air. It looked as though they were training together. Some, much to many of their surprise, even had humans on their backs.

The metal dragoness glided down toward the entrance to Sky Mountain to see numerous others waiting there for them. At the forefront was Iraliene, her green scales and size standing out amongst the rest of the dragons. Next to her stood Zepos, the lightning drake seeming genuinely ecstatic. Retrix sat beside him, on his haunches with a smile on his face. He was excited, but was keeping his emotions in check for now. Others were there as well, West, Reha, Blaze, Celestia, Krita, all watching as she flew in with a small army at her back.

It had taken them nearly eight days to reach the haven. Many of the dragons hadn't flown such long distances before. They had been forced to take frequent rest stops, much to Silver's annoyance, but it had given her a chance for a greater amount of training with O'hen, and allowed her to get to know many of the dragons that had decided to fight. It quickly became obvious that they would need more training, if just to keep themselves from exhausting during the battles to come.

"Well, Silver, this is a pleasant surprise," stated Iraliene as she took in the large amount of extra forces.

"It was for me as well," chuckled the dragoness.

Iraliene nodded her head with a smile, before turning to the dragons standing behind them, "You must be Firefly, I assume?"

The fire dragoness nodded her head, eyeing the queen with a tilted head. They seemed to size each other up for a moment, taking in everything from the other. Iraliene was far bigger then Firefly, but the fire dragon had a greater presence, and was more intimidating. Silver couldn't help but stifle a laugh. The two of them were very similar yet very different at the same time.

While they talked to each other Silver turned to her friends. She walked up to them with a small grin. Zepos, unable to help himself any longer, quickly rushed forward, welcoming her with a hug. She hesitated for a moment, before laughing and nuzzling him on his neck.

"I told you I would be back before you knew it," she said as he stepped back.

"I know... but it doesn't make me worry any less," he replied with a small blush.

"I can protect myself."

"Yeah... but... I just don't want to see you in any more danger then you have to be," he looked to his paws, tail, moving slowly behind him.

Silver's mind flashed back to the time just over a week ago. Her encounter with Eldawin. The only other person that knew was O'hen... but he knew everything. She shivered softly, before looking at him again with a smile.