Chapter 12: A Watery Grave

Blaze slowly felt himself becoming conscious. Everything was cold, an unnatural cold. The sound of trickling water reached his ears, like a small stream in a mountain range. It circled around his stomach, flowing in some unknown direction. His head hurt as well, a dull throbbing around where the device was situated in his head. A small groan escaped him and he forced his eyes open to reveal... nothing.

He blinked, and panicked for a moment. He couldn't see! Everything was pitch black. He whimpered softly in the darkness and slowly pushed himself to his feet, or at least, what he thought were his feet. Cool water was running over his claws and dripping from his underbelly. He still couldn't see any of it though, and he gulped, wondering if he had gone blind.

A sudden flash of dying electricity sparked through the darkness, causing him to yelp, turning his gaze away, shielding himself from the sudden brightness. It faded away as quickly as it appeared however, and he let out a small sigh. So he wasn't blind, it was just incredibly dark. He relaxed his gaze, and mentally reached out to any heat sources around him. His vision flickered to what looked to be infra-red, and he turned around, looking through the room  that he could now see.

There were three main bodies of heat in the room. His, and two other dragons. He was unable to see in colour but he could guess what species they were by the shape. One was Reha, the water dragoness. The very fact that she was radiating a small amount of heat meant she was alive, though at the moment unconscious. The other was the wind dragon, he still didn't know the drakes name, who was slowly beginning to move, his muffle groans of pain rather loud in the silent room.

Blaze walked over to the unconscious dragoness and softly nudge her, wondering if she was alright. A small moan came from her and she began to move, the water around her rippling softly. He let out a sigh of relief and turned to look back at the wind dragon, wondering if he was alright.

"Hey," he said softly in Drakin, trying not to startle him.

A low growl escaped the drake, "Who's there? What have you done to me?"

"Nothing," Blaze quickly reassured, "We're just in an incredibly dark area."

The wind dragon was silent for a moment, "What on earth happened?"

This time Blaze hesitated, thinking back to what he had happened. The degree of power that had washed through A.O.D.H, the earthquakes and the destruction. The large metallic pillar that had ran through the earth, cutting apart the metal walls and crushing every dragon that it came in contact with. He shivered as he remembered the electricity that ran through it, knocking them unconscious.

"I don't know," he replied, shivering softly.

The wind dragon frowned, "Who are you? I can't see so I don't know."

"Blaze, the fire dragon. The large one," was the reply.

"Aah, okay. I'm West," he said, "That wind dragon."

"I know, I can see you," replied Blaze with a small smile, before looking down at Reha as she slowly got to her feet, looking around slightly panicked, "Hey, calm down Reha, you're alright."

The water dragoness yelped softly at his voice, jumping away and hitting her device on a piece of metal hanging from the ceiling. It was yanked of instantly, falling to the water on the ground with a small splash. Blaze was silent as he stared down at the device, the cool greens and blues it was giving off a fair indication that it was well and truly dead.

Heart beating against his chest he reached around with his tail and hit the device in his own head. He growled softly as pain lanced through him at the movement, but it was followed by the satisfying sound of a clank. He breathed out slowly, disbelief flooding him. He was free! Well and truly free! He let out a small rumble of happiness and turned to West, who had his head cocked to the side, wondering what was going on.