Epilogue

It was a night, a very dark night. There was very little light through the rooms of Sky Mountain. Silver had curled around her sleeping hatchlings and Zepos was next to her. They were peaceful, not worried at all about the darkness around them. They were safe.

In the back of the cavern, something moved. There was a ripple in the air followed by a faint shimmer as a purple line of energy suddenly ripped open reality and revealed the void. A dragon walked out, a void dragon. He was around the same age as Silver, with deep purple scales and softly glowing eyes. He didn't make a noise as he looked upon the family, and smiled.

"I'm glad to see you happy Silver," Retrix said softly, but not loud enough to wake any of the sleeping dragons.

He watched them for a moment more, before turning to walk back into the portal. Suddenly a strange silver aura flowed through the room. He flinched slightly and let the portal close up, and carefully sat down, looking around a little nervously. Time froze around him, and he sighed, his wings drooping like a hatchling that knew he had been caught.

"Retrix... what are you doing here?" O'hen spoke as he formed into existence in front of the dragon, "Did you forget what I said?"

"No... no I didn't," the void dragon rumbled, "But, I didn't think it would be so bad if I just got to see them... at least once. I wasn't going to wake them up at all!"

"I don't care. You know how dangerous it is for you to be back here, especially considering the fact that I saved you," he growled.

"But I wasn't going to change anything! It was only for a couple of seconds, I swear, then I was going back!" Retrix tried to defend himself.

"A few seconds could have made the difference. I told you, you weren't allowed to come back to this timeline, we made a deal. Do you remember that?"

"I know," sighed the void drake, lowering his head regretfully.

"Unless, you think it's too hard, I can always take you back to the void. To the point where you should have died."

"No... no, it's alright. I'm sorry okay, I'm sorry, but... I just wanted a chance to see them. Just once. No one was going to see me, or hear me, I swear."

O'hen regarded the young drake with narrowed eyes, before sighing, "Very well, as long as it doesn't happen again. But Retrix, me grabbing you from the void was an extremely dangerous thing. The only reason I did it was because you agreed that if I did, you would never come back to this point in time. If you came back now, you could very well destroy everything you, Silver and your friends have worked for."

Retrix nodded his head and took a deep breath, before looking up at O'hen again, "I know... but if I can stop something like the Machine from ever happening again... well I guess I'll have to accept that."

"Good," the time dragon hesitated a moment, "I'm glad you decided to do this Retrix. I'm afraid that if I continue as I have been in the time spectrum things may end up falling apart. I needed someone who could make a difference without risking that."

"I know."

"But, as I said, if you find it too hard I can always return you to your death."

"No," Retrix shook his head and gave a pained smile, "I... I can survive, at least for now."

"Then lets go back to my realm, young dragon. There are still things I need to teach you."

With a flash both Retrix and O'hen disappeared into time, leaving the dragons sleeping peacefully in their nest.