Chapter 26: Convincing the Syndicate

Silver sat down on her haunches, sighing to herself as loud voices shouted at each other throughout the cave. An argument had broken out. Kunder had been right when he said that she wasn't exactly welcomed there. But she didn't really care. If there were ten dragons that were willing to join their cause here then it would all be worth it. Or even if it was just Firefly.

Kunder had taken her straight to the elite meeting area, and they had attracted numerous curious glances on their way. Many growls of anger and hatred had been directed at her, which she found rather surprising. Though, with the amount of rumours that had been spread about her it wasn't exactly uncalled for.

"We should just chuck her in the dungeon!" one dragon yelled out, "It's what she deserves."

"I think we should listen to what she has to say, at least give a chance to explain her actions," another called out.

"Her group slaughtered Thylo! How can that be forgiven!"

"Yeah!"

Silver felt herself growl in the back of her throat. Kunder had told her what she had been accused of, and it infuriated her. According to the Syndicate, she had been a spy for D.E.D, sent to gather information that would help them take over the Syndicate. Since her escape they had been on high alert, but it was also quite obvious that many of the dragons didn't quite believe the rumours. Doubt had begun to seed its way through the haven, and Silver planned to use it.

"I do not work for D.E.D!" she roared out over them, causing them to fall into startled silence, "Can you not get that through your head? I hate that organisation. Yes, I was captured by them almost two years ago, but I managed to escape rather quickly and ended up taking every other dragon with me. If I could, I would destroy the entire community. Just recently I managed to defeat one of their strongest assets, and I am hunted specifically by them. Don't you get that? I am not here to rat you out."

There was a moment of silence at her outburst, before a dragon called out what everyone was thinking, "How can we trust what you say?"

She hesitated, not sure how to answer the question.

"She's telling the truth," spoke a sudden voice, feminine and powerful. It seemed as though the voice was quiet, but it echoed throughout the room, commanding respect.

Silver looked up, and smiled. Firefly was standing at the other end of the room, watching them in complete silence. Once everyone noticed her they immediately became stopped their shouting. The fire dragoness began to walk forward and the crowd parted for her.

She was just as stunning as Silver remembered. Perfectly polished scales, a long elegant tail and sleek horns. Large wings and a slightly longer then average neck, with glistening yellow eyes. Power radiated from her like heat from a fire. Beautiful, but incredibly dangerous. A dragon that would be a horrific enemy, and a difficult ally. And she seemed angry.

"How can you tell?" it was Kunder that spoke.

"Because a dragon of equilibrium would not be brainwashed by humans," growled the fire dragon.

A murmur ran through them, and they turned to look at the silver dragon again. She did look different then before, though it was hard to tell. Her yellow scales had become almost golden, like gems, and her body was sleeker, much like Firefly's. It was difficult to not see her as beautiful, even a match with their own dragon of equilibrium.

"Silver," said Firefly as she came to stand in front of the dragon, "It's been a while. What took you so long?"

Silver grinned, stepping forward and hugging the other dragoness, "It's good to see you again. Thank you."