Chapter 13: A Truce

Silver felt as though she were floating. Her body felt light, almost fragile, like it was about to break apart. The shell on her back seemed like it wasn't even their, but she knew it was. Her wings felt as though they were open and she was flying, but that was impossible. The metal she breathed that she was usually quite familiar with felt as though it wasn't there any more, or rather it had melted through her. The part of her that was metal and the part of her that was flesh had somehow... mixed. The weight that was her metal was completely gone.

Her dream of weightlessness was suddenly broken as something nudged her shoulder. Inwardly, she groaned, not wanting to wake up, but whatever presence it was wouldn't go away. It nudged her shoulder again, and this time the touch was accompanied by sound. It was unintelligible, but that just made it more annoying. However after a couple of moments the sound became bearable, and she could actually distinguish what was being said.

"Silver, please wake up. Come on," the voice spoke in Drakin, so it was definitely another dragon, but she couldn't tell who.

"Wow!" a different dragon spoke, "What happened to your sister? I'm pretty sure last time I saw her she wasn't this... hot."

There was a growl, "I'm trying to figure that out for myself."

"How did she get out here?" another voice spoke, this one female and a fair bit quieter then the two males, "I'm pretty sure she would have been in a tougher situation then we were in if she had been caught by... whatever attacked us."

Silver groaned, causing the three dragons to fall silent and look toward her. They were annoying her. All she wanted to do was dream, fall back into the bliss of nothingness, where she could float in silence. But they probably wouldn't leave her alone until after she woke up.

Mentally sighing she forced her eyes opened. Her vision was blurred for a moment and she blinked, grunting again as a wave of dizziness washed over her. Stars danced before her eyes, before she managed to focus on what was in front of her. A concerned fire drake filled her vision, causing her to growl slightly in surprise.

"She's awake!" the dragon stated, obviously relieved.

She frowned slightly, taking a number of seconds to recognise him, "Blaze?"

He looked down at her again, a smile on his muzzle, "Hey. You alright?"

She groaned again, curling up a little tighter around herself, "No. I feel sick."

He frowned, "What happened?"

She was silent for a moment, "I don't remember."

It wasn't entirely true, but what she did remember was hazy and hard to understand. There were flashes of lightning, and there was the ocean and rain. She remembered being able to see everything and nothing at the same time, and the feeling of unbelievable energy flooding through her. She remembered cries of unbelievable terror and the pattering of running feet over her. But that was it, and it confused her to no end.

Suddenly another thought came to her head and she quickly pushed herself to her feet, looking into the sky above, "Where's Eldawin?"

Blaze tilted his head, "Who?"

She turned, looking around the island in slight fear, trying to find the mind dragon, wondering if what she saw was just another one of his illusions. The blue sky, the free ocean waters, the fact that she had woken on a beach without the device on her head, it made her wary. But as she focused on her surroundings she realised that the water, the trees and the beach were in a detail that was impossible for a mind dragon to match and the fog that had become so apparent in the last nine months, was gone.