Chapter 45: Silver's Legacy

A year had passed since the defeat of Eldawin and A.O.D.H. It took a long time for the world to recover from that battle. For the first couple of months America had tried to hunt down the dragons 'responsible' for destroying their beloved city, but had a very difficult time actually finding any. But the world knew now, they knew of the flying reptiles that occupied the earth with them, and there were many theories and debates running around the globe about the strange creatures.

Sky Mountain took a while to recover as well. Many dragons left, now that A.O.D.H was no longer a threat, returning to their hidden homes that they had been driven away from. But it was a long time before someone stepped up in an effort to lead them onto the right path.

With A.O.D.H gone, and most of the dragons free, other hunting organisations quickly found themselves overwhelmed. D.E.D made an effort to rise up but was shut down almost immediately by the combined forces of what was now known as 'The Dragon's Syndicate' and Sky Mountain. A new leader had arisen through the ranks of the icy haven with Kunder, the white ice dragon, taking on the role, as Zoralth had disappeared after the battle.

While the Syndicate remained somewhat hidden and secretive, they now had constant communication with Sky Mountain. Other dragon havens had begun appearing as well, from places within Australia to deep in the Amazon rain forest. There was even a race of water dragons that appeared from the depths of the Mariana Trench.

But there was still one problem that remained. How would they make a way to repair the relationship between humans and dragons. It was something that was on everyone's minds, and with America nearly declaring open war on the flying race, they needed to fix the problem soon. Thankfully, a possible solution was found, and Silver, the new leader of Sky Mountain, organised a meeting with the word leaders that occupied the globe.

* * *

High up in The Nest of Sky Mountain, was Iraliene's old cave. A place where Silver and her new family now occupied. One of the corridors led into a smaller cavern, with a straw nest sitting in the middle. In that nest lay three white eggs, all around twice the size of a watermelon. There was a soft glow coming from each of them, and if one were to look close enough they could see the outline of something inside.

Curled around the eggs was a dragon. A hatchling. She was a small female, around the size of a sheepdog, with deep purple scales and a slender tail. Her wings were carefully folded onto her side and her eyes were closed as she slept peacefully and protectively with the eggs.

Suddenly one of them moved. Almost instantly the little dragon's head shot up and she stared, wide eyed, at the one that did. It moved again, shuffling slightly, and the small form inside the egg seemed to be pressing up against the surface. For a moment the hatchling panicked, not knowing what to do. She took a deep breath and looked at the exit of the cave, debating something in her mind, before taking off at a sprint, dashing out of the cave with wings slightly open for balance.

She raced through the corridor and took a left turn into another, obviously knowing where she was going. A portal to the void opened in front of her and she leapt threw, appearing a number of metres in front just for a little extra speed. She raced into another cavern, this one far larger than the nesting cave. There were a number of dragons and humans in this specific area, all looking to the centre where a large table had been placed.

Around the table were a number of different humans from different races. Most of them seemed slightly nervous about being there, and continued casting wary glances around them. But most of the attention was situated toward the dragoness at the front. Silver.