Chapter 33: Preparations

Eldawin paced down a long and narrow corridor, so narrow that his folded wings nearly brushed either side. The walls and floor were all made from hardened concrete, looking recently stripped of anything that had been connected to it. A.O.D.H was learning that it was better not to have their bases made entirely from metal. Dim lights glowed along the ceiling casting strange shadows over the corridor, but Eldawin payed them no mind. He seemed deep in thought.

Preparations had been going well with the machine. He estimated another week would be enough for it to be finished and ready for use. Raize and Zoralth had been working tirelessly on the project for the past couple of months, and he was quite proud of his grandson for making it all work. His impossible dream was slowly becoming a reality.

But with every solution came another difficulty. This time it was the fact that Sky Mountain had figured out where he was keeping his machine. The mind dragon's frown deepened. That human named Tyler was becoming a real nuisance, maybe it was time he payed the man a small 'visit'. But there was time for that later.

Another problem was the fact Silver was becoming more and more resilient to his assaults. The nightmares he had sent her night after night were having less of an effect, and this was rather troublesome because he was relying on her to be exhausted if it came down to a battle between the two. He sighed softly, he had really thought these mental games with her would work. Obviously not. Maybe it was time to begin the final phase of his plan for her. He had hoped it wouldn't come down to it, but it was either that or kill her, and he would rather avoid her death if at all possible.

He blamed the time dragon, the one that had been helping her all this time. He couldn't understand the drake's motives, which was a new experience for him. He was usually able to read another extremely well, but most of the time he was also in range to get into their mind. However he had never met this dragon, making it extremely difficult to even attempt getting into his head. Maybe it was time he met Time. It was part of the reason he was going toward where he was going.

Finding the end of the corridor, Eldawin pushed the door open with his head, struggling slightly because of the weight. Another dimly lit room was ahead of him, again bare of anything other than grey concrete walls and a think concrete floor. A single desk sat in the middle, one that the Admiral usually acquired, but today it was only the mind dragon in the room.

After making sure that no one was around, he walked over to the middle of the cavern, not so carefully moving the desk out of the way, and sat down on his haunches, ruffling his wings slightly. He was quite sure this would work. He could see no reason for it not to. Of course, he was dealing with Time himself, and the being could be too scared of breaking that meddling rule that he wouldn't come.

Eldawin took a deep breath before roaring out, "O'hen! I think it is time we met!"

He then fell silent, looking around the room expectantly. Nothing happened. With a snort the mind dragon roar out again, "Of course, unless you are frightened, which I definitely understand." A challenge, it would work on almost any male from any species.

But still, nothing happened. He growled softly and slowly got to his feet, feeling slightly disappointed. He had been looking forward to meeting the time drake. In the end, it didn't really matter much. It wouldn't change his plans. Sighing he began to pace toward the door exit, when something changed inside the room. There was a subtle shift in the light and everything around him adopted a strange silver hue. A presence, unlike anything the mind dragon had felt before, appeared, with a conscious so massive that even he had trouble identifying it.

"Hello Eldawin," said O'hen.

The mind dragon turned around, a smile on his maw, "So you decided to come after all."