Chapter 19: A long Awaited Arrival

Electricity arced through the air, travelling at high speeds towards its target. Just before it hit there was a wash of energy as the void was opened in midair. The lightning travelled through the darkness and disappeared as the portal was closed. There was a laugh as Retrix twisted before Zepos had another chance to attack.

"Nice try," called the void dragon, disappearing through another portal to come up behind Zepos, "But you're going to have to do better then that."

The lightning dragon grunted in annoyance, spinning around and attempting another shot at Retrix, who dodged again, flinging himself out of the way. Taking advantage of the other drake's temporary stumble Zepos launched himself into the air, electricity running over his scales as he struck forward with the speed of a lightning bolt.

Retrix grunted in surprise and braced himself, knowing he wouldn't have time to get out of the way. The two of them collided, the void dragon slammed against the opposing wall and let out a cry of alarm as he felt the electricity run through his body. With a snarl he gripped Zepos's shoulders with his claws and swung the dragon around, battering his wings to get him out of his grip and disappearing into the void once again, getting himself away. He twisted around and fired a beam of purple energy at the stunned lightning dragon, which let out a roar as he attempted to shield himself from the cold it created.

The void drake then pushed himself forward with a flap of his wings toward the temporarily discombobulated Zepos, forcing him into the wall. As soon as he touched the other dragon however he got electrocuted and he grunted, stunned for a moment. The lightning dragon quickly moved, punching him with the elbow of his wing before tackling him and forcing him into the ground below.

Retrix lay there for a moment, hissing slightly in pain. He was quite sure he had broken something. Before Zepos could land another hit he fell back into a portal and appeared standing on the ground a couple of metres away. Both dragons were breathing heavily, but neither was willing to give up just yet. Slowly they moved toward each other, Retrix favouring his right leg slightly where he hurt.

"You're getting better," grunted the void drake with a grin.

"And you are still as annoying as ever," snorted back Zepos, lashing his tail, "Can't you do a fight without teleporting everywhere?"

"Where's the fun in that?" laughed Retrix, "Can you do a fight without making yourself electrified?"

"Fair point," grinned the lightning drake.

Just as the two were about to pounce at each other again they were interrupted as a human came running into their fight, waving his arms and yelling for them to stop. They both looked at each other, before turning to this human.

"What do you want Greg?" asked Zepos, "We're kind of in the middle of something."

The boy took a moment to catch his breath, hands on his knees as he gasped in the air, "You're... not going to... believe this."

"What?" Retrix frowned.

"Silver... she's been spotted in the mountain range."

Both of them froze, and for a moment no one said anything.

"But... Silver's somewhere in A.O.D.H, not even we know where," stuttered the void dragon.

"Are you sure?" said Zepos.

"Pretty sure. We saw her through our cameras we've placed around. She's with a group of dragons."

"Pretty sure?" repeated Retrix.