Chapter 20: Element Stone

Silver awoke slowly, the cool, comfortable feeling of a metal nest under her. She groaned softly, before letting out a small sigh. It was early morning; the sun's rays hadn't even reached the opening of her cave yet. The metallic statues around her were silent and almost foreboding, their soulless eyes staring into nothing.

"I think it's about time I get rid of these statues," she murmured to herself, slowly getting to her feet and yawning.

"I agree," said a sudden voice, "They are rather frightening if I may say so."

The dragoness yelped in surprise and spun around, teeth bared and wings spread, glaring at the intruder. When she saw who it was however, she blinked, surprised, and sat up. O'hen was sitting in the cave, seeming rather pleased with himself as he looked around with interest.

"O'hen... I... aaah, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

He turned to her, "Well, we need to continue our training."

She titled her head, "Now?"

He smiled slightly, "Well, we have all the time in the world. You won't be late for your meeting this morning."

"I guess, but still, I just woke up," as if to prove her point she let out a loud yawn, before shaking herself down, "And I'm hungry."

"I knew you were going to say that," said the time dragon with a chuckle, "But you can't put this off forever. We have a year to get you ready, at most."

"Can we do it tonight?"

"Very well, tonight then," he nodded.

"Cool," she yawned one last time before moving to walk to the entrance of the cave.

"Oh, and Silver, to tell you this wasn't my only reason for coming here," O'hen said, suddenly very solemn.

"Then what?"

"Be careful of who you trust," he continued, "Just because you have returned, it doesn't mean you're entirely safe."

She frowned, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"That is not something I can share with you," he sighed softly, flicking his tail, "And I don't want you to become paranoid, but there are some here that are not whom the seem."

"Oh thanks, that's not gonna' get me worried at all," she snorted sarcastically, "Let me guess, Eldawin has disguised himself as another dragon or something like that."

He smiled grimly, "No exactly, but be careful."

"O'hen, you know me. Since when have I been careful? Besides, I've reached equilibrium now. Besides Eldawin, who can hurt me?"

"I can think of a few," he frowned at her, "Don't go around thinking like that Silver. It is a sure way of getting yourself killed."

She was slightly surprised at his directness. Grunting softly she turned around to the exit again and opened her wings. The silvery light that had been there as she woke up faded away, leaving her alone once again. She snorted, before launching into the air, taking a flap of her wings. O'hen had no idea what he was talking about.

Much to her surprise, the soreness and stiffness that usually came from travelling such long distances wasn't there. It was like her body had completely recovered after a nights sleep. Her metal also felt different. Without needing to be warmed up it was already at its usual malleability.

As she slowly glided toward the mountain she found herself looking around. It had been so long since she had woken up to do this. In A.O.D.H she rarely flew, and when she did it hadn't been for enjoyment. What was fun about flying in a large metal box without any view and no wind? She let out a sigh, shaking herself. She was free now. There was no use thinking back to that place.