Chapter 7: A Tempting Escape

Silver froze, staring in complete confusion at what was in front of her. She had walked into what she thought would be a terrifying room, to be faced with something that completely puzzled her. A strike on her leg caused her to yelp and move forward again, but it didn't stop her from gaping.

It was like she had walked into a mirror. The hallway that had been revealed behind the darkness was exactly the same as what she had been in before, in every detail. The length of it, the glowing lights and the eerie sound of human feet clanking against metal. It even had the dark and ominous door behind her, clanging shut as a human closed it. The only difference was they were walking in the opposite direction.

She tried to open her mouth and speak but the device in her head prevented it. She growled slightly, and twisted around to look back at the door, earning herself another hit to the leg. What on earth was happening? She had literally just walked through that door and now she found she hadn't? Maybe this was part of the mental testing. Maybe they had some sought of mirror hallway to confuse any dragon they brought through. Or maybe the mental testing had already passed and they had some how wiped her memories of what had happened. She shivered at the thought.

"Keep moving dragon!" yelled the human beside her, "We 'aven't got all day!"

She whimpered a little and continuing to walk, her head lowered. A small fear had built inside her. What were they doing to her? What had they done to her? The blackness couldn't have been hiding all of this. It was impossible. The glowing light bulbs above would have shone through, or would have at least been a little visible. It didn't make any sense. She flicked her tail slightly, anxious and weary.

The humans opened the door at the end of the hallway and allowed Silver to exit. She walked through to find Diana and The Admiral waiting for her. The dragon handler seemed a little bit worried, but otherwise okay, while the man had a smug grin on his face. As she came through he turned to Diana.

"It is done, now you can take her back to her stable for the rest of the day. She needs some rest after what she's been through," he said.

The woman nodded and turned to Silver, "Follow me."

They walked once again through the long corridors of A.O.D.H, the metal and lights a constant presence. The dragoness wasn't worrying about any of that however, her mind continually turning back to what had happened in that room. Something was more then wrong. She could feel it. She didn't know what it was but it was like everything had taken a different slant. Whatever they had done to her must have been quite horrible to have this effect. A number of things went through her mind, they could have tortured her, or mentally abused her in some way.... or bred her. She shivered again.

Diana seemed to notice something was wrong with her and lightly placed a hand on her neck, "What did they do to you?" she sighed, lightly scratch Silver under the jaw.

'I don't know!' the dragoness felt like screaming, but the device stopped her from muttering even the slightest of human words.

They made their way back to the cage that Silver spent her life in. She walked in and Diana closed the door behind her, locking it as well. They made eye contact, before the human sighed and walked away, her footsteps fading until there was nothing but silence.

A strange tiredness descended upon Silver, nothing short of exhaustion. She walked over to her metal nest, any thought of what had happened leaving her mind. She needed sleep. With a small sigh the metallic dragoness curled up in her nest, resting her head on her tail and closing her eyes. She would figure this all out once she woke up.