Ch•2- Foreign

Let me get one thing straight here folks, I absolutely hate school. Now I'm sure that's something we can all agree on. The kids and teachers treat me like a spoiled celebrity kid, Sure, I'm the daughter of the most famous billionaire ever, and yes, unbeknownst to them I was involved in the battle of New York.

They act like they know me, like they understand, but truthfully they don't know me. They haven't seen my scars, my flaws.

I walk into the cafeteria and immediately every pair of eyes are looking directly at me. It's uncomfortable. Before New York, I was just starting to get use to school life. Everyone had grown to accept the fact that I was indeed iron mans daughter, and it was even considered normal at that point.

But now, a year and a half after the battle, it's all foreign once again. I'm seen as the billionaire daughter of a super hero, who is also affiliated with the Avengers who saved the world from destruction from space aliens. I'm nothing more to them than that. Why can't I just be Jessi?

I do suppose that it could be a lot worse. There are certainly some aspects of my life that I'd prefer to keep hidden. Nobody here knows Phill Coulson, and how much that he meant to me. The kids trying to start up a conversation with me in Math class don't know Nick Fury, or SHIELD. They haven't seen what I've seen.

They see the high class life, the publicity, fame, and the money. But there's so much more then that I tell you. There's heartbreak, darkness, suffering, pain... so much pain. It could bury you if you're not careful.

Wow, things just got dark for a moment, my bad.

"Now class" Mr. Evans removed his reading glasses from his skinny nose "I just graded the tests and all of you past!" He threw his hands in the air, letting all the packets fall to the ground. All the kids in the class cheered at their intelligence, everyone but me.

I forced a smile and gave a half-hearted high five to my friend April. Once all the papers landed on the floor, he pointed to a kid who sat in the front row "Except you Javier, you failed, pick up all those tests" Mr. Evans pointed to the ground.

"Yes sir" Javier said quickly before dropping down to his knees and picked up all the papers. Poor Javier.

"For the rest of you, talk amongst yourselves until the class is over" he turned back to his desk and sat down. I swear he watches Soccer games on his school computer the whole time and doesn't do any actual work.

The class began to murmur conversations to each other. I scoped my eyes around the classroom, checking out all the kids. There were the heavily perfumed, fake lashes, and nose piercing girls who believe that they're better than everybody else.

You got the quiet, shy, nerdy kids who read all the time (I'd rather hang out with them then the preppy girls, just saying).

Last but not least, the highly annoying, just got into puberty and think that they are the shit, boys. They always seem to want to talk to me, and get my attention.

I don't think that I belong to a clique. I certainly could be if I wanted to, people always want to hang out with me all the time. I've been asked to sit at almost every lunch table this year. I'm known as the most popular kid in school, but I refuse to be apart of a clique. In my eyes, I don't belong to any group.

I'm so glad that I'll never exactly fit in anywhere, that will never be me. April, my closest friend since fourth grade spun around in her seat to face me. Her fiery red hair swung around and landed on her shoulder.

"Hey.." She winked at me.

I squinted my eyes slightly, catching that tone in her voice "what's up?"