Ch•21- Cool tricks

Dad gathered all the information that Sam could tell him in that short time span

             Dad gathered all the information that Sam could tell him in that short time span. I remained silent until it was all over, but I heard every word. Bucky and Steve fled to Siberia where an old Hydra base is located. That's where they believe they'll find Zemo.

            I pressed myself to the door of the cell to hear better. Dad barely paid any attention to me, he was still pissed. Usually when Dad and I get into an argument, the whole thing blows over in a few hours and we're out eating burgers that day.

           This time was different, we won't be the same after this... I can tell. Once they finished their discussion, Dad stepped back "Thank you"

"Go" Sam nodded.

           "Wait Dad" I called to him, hoping he'd stop to hear me out. I curled my fingers around the cell bars as my voice lowered "If you see this Zemo guy... get him for me, okay?" I asked "You better get him"

             "I'll do my best" Dad shrugged his shoulders and slipped his phone back into his pocket, he didn't even look me in the eye when he spoke "He's a little bit of a pricky weasel"

            "It doesn't matter what he is. He could be the devil in a human disguise for all I care... we'll get him" I nodded "The Avengers always get the ones like him-"

           "There are no Avengers anymore Jessi, it's just gonna be me" he suddenly snapped, catching me off guard. My mouth fell slack for a moment. He seemed so sure that we were over.

            "Get me out of here and I can help you" I whispered, practically begging. Its humiliating and demeaning to beg your own Father. I roped my fingers around the bars of the cell "We can take him, together. He won't get away with this" we've fought through things together more times than one. This shouldn't be any different.

             "I can't get you out of here" he sighed, but there was no emotion in his voice. I couldn't tell if he was saddened by that or not. Only then did he look me in the eye.

         "Can't or won't?" I narrowed my eyes slightly. He didn't say anything. He looked down towards his feet and shoved his hands down into his pockets.

          "Oh my God" I groaned, pushing away from the door. I couldn't even look at him now. All I wanna do is strangle him. I faced away from him and rubbed my hands over my face "You don't want me to leave this place, do you?" I looked over my shoulder to him.

          Dad placed his pointer finger up to his lips and motioned to the recorders and cameras on the walls, reminding me that their systems were online again and they could probably here our every word "Please" I whispered.

            "Sorry kid" Dad turned away from me, and back towards the exit of the detention area "You do the crime, you pay the time. Think of it as a life lesson"