Ch•2- Reality

A/N: Merry Christmas friends, the best present of all is you! Thank you for reading and your constant support, I'll never take it for granted.

"Haha, gotcha!" I pumped my fist in victory, knocking Visions chess piece off of the black and white checkered board. His horse shaped piece topped off the table and landed on the floor. I smirked, the tip of my tongue poking slightly out of my mouth. Vision sat on the chair across from me, his hand on his synthetic chin, his other hand was laid out on the table next to the board. I sat with one leg dangling off the chair, and the other tucked under my chin. I raised my eyebrow at my friend, waiting for him to accept his loss.

"On the contrary, Miss Stark" Vis started. I felt my smirk slowly fade away as he continued. In that moment I realized that you can never ever ever beat the Vision at his game... or yours "I do believe that I almost let you win" he raised his fingers and clutched a small chess piece. I followed his every move with my blue eyes. He lifted up the piece and bounced it along the open black squares, taking out half my white chess piece team. He stopped at the edge of the board, completely wiping out my team.

"Okay, you know what?" I stood up from the chair dramatically "I'm pretty sure that you just cheated!" He just smiled at my remark and twirled the chess piece around in his fingers. I rolled my eyes, but chuckled along with him and strolled to the kitchen area of the room. This was the main living space of the compound where we all come to sit, relax, eat, and just hang out. I went to the fridge and pulled out a small can of soda.

"Is that a hint of jealously I sense in you, Miss Stark? Jealous of my exquisite skills at Chess?" Vision asked, placing his ankle on his knee and resting it there. He touched his fingers together, making a triangle with his hands and leaned them against his chin.

"Jealous?" I asked, letting out a scoff as I cracked open my soda. Cola droplets sprang out from the top "Why would I be jealous? Speaking of jealously, don't you just love Soda? Oh, wait, that's right, you don't eat... or drink"

"I can consume, I just choose not to"

"Whatever you say Vishiaroni" I took a sip of my drink and set it down on the table. Vision collected all the game pieces and set them back in the box where we got them from. I decided to get back on my Economics homework. Visions still sat with me at the table as I plowed in to my worksheet "hey, I have a question" I asked, tapping my pencil eraser against my cheek "it's not about my homework, so don't worry"
He smiled, put set down his newspaper and waited for me to speak "So, if Ultron created you, or finished creating you for that matter. Why didn't you turn out... how should I say this... like him?"

" 'Evil' is the word you are looking for, correct?"

"Well, I don't want to sound rude"

"No" Vision shook his head, sitting up a little straighter in his chair "I understand completely, you want to know why I didn't turn out power hungry and 'world stability' crazed like Ultron" I nodded, leaning my elbows on the table "To make it short, when your Father and Doctor Banner brought me to the laboratory, they built in Jarvis. I am built with a Jarvis core, and that's what gives me a more relaxed take on life"

"I'm glad you're here Viz" I smiled. Vision and I have become good friends over this past year that he has been with us. He helps me with homework, tells me stories, teaches me things that I never even knew "We may have lost Jarvis but we gained you. You're pretty cool" I laughed slightly "Kudos to Thor for making you..  speaking of Thor, I wonder what's he's doing"

"Probably something Asguardy related" another voice entered the room. Viz and I both looked over to my Father who was standing at the top of the stairs, wearing a black suit with a red tie.