Ch•15- Strong Enough

Peter quickly removed the sticky web from Dads hand, it took maybe five minutes to clear the evidence of the spider webs. I stood quietly to the side, trying my best not to smirk. After, Dad left the room and went to speak with May about the travel arrangements and what not, he left me with Peter in his bedroom.

       I decided to help him pack up his bag. I stood in the center the room, right in the middle of a pile of dirty clothes. It was weird seeing him outside school. "Sorry about him" I finally spoke, rocking on my heels "he's a handful, and sorry about Me, I take after him"

      "No worries" Peter said, but I could tell by his tone of voice that there were some worries "I uh, I never thought that... I mean" Peter smiled slightly, trying to look for the right words "It's cool to have you in my bedroom and all-" He stopped mid-sentence, choking on his tongue. Did he really just say that? Blush formed on his cheeks and mine "sorry- I didn't mean it like that" he had completely stopped packing now and was blabbing "I meant-"

      "Hey" I laughed, sitting down on the bed next to his suitcase and began helping place some of his shirts in the suitcase "It's okay. I know what you meant. I've done that plenty of times" I tossed a black v-neck in the pile "But I do have a question... If you knew who I was, and the people I'm associated with, then why didn't you tell me who you were? Why didn't you tell me on the roof top?"

      "I was going to" Peter shrugged "I really was. When you were running out of the school a few days ago, I was about to. But I... chickened out I guess" I nodded slowly, understanding what he was saying "and also, there was really no point back then. At least now there is" he concluded.

      "So, uh" Peter went to his dresser and pulled out some underwear (extremely awkward for me) I pretended not to notice, I glanced at his posters as he continued packing "what's going on? Why do you and Mr. Stark need me?"

      "Oh" I laid down on his bed, pressing my back to the mattress. I laced my hands behind my head "Things. Something is happening with the Avengers, I don't know what exactly, I'm not sure if anyone really does, but we need an extra set of hands, you know?"

      "Wow" he rubbed his forehead, sounding excited "You're an Avenger! That's awesome. I almost forgot that you were one!"

      "No" I chuckled, staring up at the ceiling that had multiple cracks in it "My Father, and Captain America are Avengers, I am not"

      "Sure you are" he zipped up the suitcase and set it on the floor. He seemed out of place as he stood with his feet together on the floor. It was like he was debating wether or not to sit on his own bed. I rolled my blue eyes and sat up, patting the spot beside me so that he could sit down with me.

       "I mean, I've seen you on TV in those Iron Man gloves. Like in Serkovia, it was on the news" I wanted to correct him because it's pronounced 'Sokovia' but I let it go "I saw you. You were with Captain America and Thor and all them" he sat down on the bed, rubbing his hands on his legs.

"Yes but I wouldn't consider myself an Avenger"

"Don't you have an Iron Man suit or something? Like Mr. Stark?"

"Yea, but I haven't worn it in a long time"

"How long have you had it?"

"A little less than a year"

      "So..." He cocked his head to the side "Why haven't you worn it yet if you've had it all this time?"

      I sighed, clasping my hands together on my lap. This was one of the biggest debates going on internally in my life "Because I can't"