Ch•12- Back Stabbing

A/N: I promised I'd do better.

      The ponytail guard shoved me out of the black car and on to the platform. We had parked in an abandoned ship yard at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. Pepper was pushed out behind me. She breathed heavily, fear filled her eyes. I felt so helpless. I should have gotten her out of here long before Killian showed up at our hotel.

      Killian stepped out of the car and buttoned up his white blazer. I tilted my head up towards the tall sight, straining my eyes against the sun. The ponytail man gripped my arm and yanked me down a platform "Hey" I snapped "hands off the merchandise" Pepper was being led slowly down by Killian himself a little ways behind me. I kept glancing behind me to make sure that she was still there. She looked terrified to be in Killians clutches.

      Maya walked quickly beside me "So, what's going to happen?" I asked with a monotoned attitude, but deep inside, I was scared. We had been kidnapped by a terrorist organization and were forced all the way over here to Miami, Florida.

      "It's called Extremis" Maya explained quietly as the guard opened up one of the metal doors that lead in to the building. A long flight of stairs leading down laid ahead of us "it's a Super Soldier type serum. Basically it rewrites the operating system of the body, it upgrades strength, speed, durability, and it gives regeneration abilities"

"Why does he want us?" I asked, frowning at the women.

"To motivate Tony Stark"

"For what?"

      "Maya!" Killian snapped "Don't enlighten the subject, close your mouth" Maya backed down and lowered her head slightly, like how a dog does when his master yells. I felt my lip tremble. Super Soldier Serum? Captain America Super Soldier serum? Is he trying to make me like Steve?

      I fiddled with handcuffs, doing everything I can to try and free myself "Don't have anything smart to say, Jessica?" Killian smirked at me, opening up the door that led to a lab. Multiple men and women stood behind the door. They had scars all over their muscular bodies. I'm guessing they're Killians subjects.

      I glanced behind me to make sure that Pepper was there. A new guard was now gripping her arms "Take Miss. Potts below, we'll start with this one" he pointed to me.

"No!" I yelled, forcing my body away from the guard who was holding me.

"Jessi!" Pepper cried as the Guard dragged her out of the room.

      "No!" I yelled again, feeling panic spread in my chest. They were taking her away from me. I was all alone "W-what are you going to do to me?" I trembled, shakily turning my head to Maya. She looked down to the floor unable to answer my question. Killian closed the door where Pepper disappeared to and smiled "Tell me!" I demanded, the ponytail man held my cuffed wrists tighter.

"Put her in the chair" he pointed.

      "The chair?" I echoed "I don't want to go to the chair!" Ponytail man pushed me to a dentist looking chair, body restraints hung off the sides of the chair. I felt my stomach drop. I pushed back against the man, my feet skidded against the floor "no!" I gritted my teeth together, running my shoulder into the gut of the man.

He groaned and bent his knees in pain.

      "Oh my God" Killian rolled his eyes and walked over to me. I frantically searched around for a weapon that I could use. The only things I could find were syringes filled with clear serum "Cooperate Jessica"

      "No" I repeated, backing up away from the chair. Tears pricked my blue eyes "please..." I begged.

     "Come Jessi" a soft voice spoke from behind the small crowd that surrounded us "don't be such a child"

       I know that voice. I heard it everyday at school. My closest friend, April. She appeared in the crowd, her red hair was held in a loose pony tail. I suddenly realized that she resembled Killian. Same structure of face, and the same eyes. She had a light smirk on her freckled face.

      "April?" I whispered, an arm pushed me back against the chair, but I couldn't find the strength to fight. My best friend since fourth grade was standing there in front of me, beside Killian. The hand cuffs were removed from my wrists.

      "Hi Jes" she raised an eyebrow and smiled. Killian threw an arm around her shoulder "thanks for letting me tag along, Dad" she grinned up to Killian, who was her father. My breath hitched up in my throat. My best friend, we were so close, but now I see that she's a liar, a fraud, a cheater.

The restraints on the chair locked around my chest and hips.

"April?" I asked again.

      She continued to grin evilly at me "Lighten up Jes" April hit my forearm not so lightly. I couldn't stop glaring at her with nothing but betrayal in my eyes "it's not your fault that your father got you in to this"

     "Your Father got me in to this" I looked down to my chair "you were my friend... You were my only real friend..." My lip twitched with anger as I spoke. She squinted her eyes at me "now, you're nothing. You are terrible and I hope you know that"

      April sighed and looked back to Killian "Put the Extremis in her already, would ya Dad?" She asked and walked back to his side.
Killian smirked and buttoned up his blazer, again. He headed for the small table beside my chair and picked up one of the needles. My whole body was already numb.

     I laid my head back against the metal head rest. My best friend is a back stabbing snake who's the daughter of the man trying to kill my Father "Don't worry Jessi" April added, crossing her arms over my chest "He gave it to me too, I'm stronger than ever" a faint orange glow ran along her veins in that moment. Her eyes turned to a shade of orange as well "it will work for you too, if you survive"

      Killian tapped the edge of the needle with his nail "ready the computer, I want all of the diagnostics. Heart rate, blood pressure, all of it, have it on screen" he told one of the scientists behind the computers in the back of the room "Are you ready?" He asked in a joking tone, not caring about my answer.

      "I really hope this kills me" I growled "because I'd rather die then let you use me. You're a monster and I refuse to be apart of this"

      He didn't say anything after that. He just injected the Extremis, and all that followed was pain. Pure, unbearable, horrid Pain.