Ch•14- Spiderling

QUEENS

           The door swung open and then shut sharply

The door swung open and then shut sharply. I couldn't see who it was yet because he was walking through the hallway. I twisted my body around on the couch to get a better look "Hey Aunt May!" The boy greeted.

He hadn't seen us yet because there was a wall separating the hallway from the living room. He slammed his book bag on the floor and had headphones plugged in his ears.

"How was school today?" May asked, smiling to her nephew. My jaw dropped, yes, actual droppage and my eyes wouldn't blink. I felt dumb, so so dumb. He had the same voice of the Spider-Man from Times Square.

The one that saved me from the oncoming truck, the one who let the purse stealer get away. I'm still not over that btw. My heart seemed to freeze up in my chest.

"It was okay" he replied while entering the kitchen, his head turned to the living room where we were all sitting "There's this crazy car parked... outside" He had to do a double take. His eyes widened just like mine. I saw his stare land on me. I shrunk slightly in my seat, giving him a small, awkward wave of my fingers.

I wonder what it's like to have two strangers sitting in your living room. Well, technically we aren't strangers. I do, however, know what it's like to have a bald headed man, and a one eyed stranger standing in your living room in the middle of the night *cough cough Obadiah cough cough Nick Fury*

Peter was utterly confused, and so was I, but I did a better job at hiding it. He seemed to stumble around for a moment, trying to collect himself before talking. What else would you do if Iron Man was in your house when you got home from school?

"Oh, Mr. Parker" Dad smiled, tossing a almond up and down in his hand. Peter removed his Apple headphones quickly, scrambling for words. A confused smile was plastered on his handsome face. Yes, I said handsome, get over it. I sat up in my seat, giving him a smile.

"Hey. Uh... What- what are you...? Hi I'm Peter" he looked between Dad and I frantically, maintaining a smiling. I see Peter Parker like this almost every day at school. But over the past week I haven't been going to school. This whole Avenger crisis has been keeping me busy "what are you... doing here?" He asked, clasping his hands together.

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my emails, right?" Dad noticeably winked at Peter, signaling him. May didn't notice. Peter darted his eyes to me for a second. I nodded subtly, basically telling him to go with it.

"...yea..." He crossed his arms over his chest "regarding the...?" It was sort of a question. He was such an awkward boy, it took all my might not to cringe. I leaned forward in my seat and rested my elbows on the knees. He's so out of his element right now.

"You never told me about the Grant" May turned he head to the side, trying to remember the the name of the Grant.