Ch•16- Rubble

I thought that I was dead. I'm dead, I'm dead I died, I dead. Fire surrounded me at all sides, the flames licked at my skin. The heat seemed to penetrate my very soul. But, I didn't feel the burn of the fire.

I shakily stood up from the rubble, my feet sinking a few inches in. I looked down to my hands. The skin seemed to be regrowing on my bones. It's the Extremis at work.  That poison actually just saved my life. I rubbed my wrist with my hand, watching at the visible orange serum slithered through my veins.

That fall should have killed me. If I live through this, it looks like I need to thank Killian before I kill him.

I started to trudge through the debris, letting my hand wave through the flames around me. The fire coated my hand, but no damage occurred. I emerged through the fire and immediately spotted Killian. He was standing over my Father who was completely defenseless.

All of his suits were flying around aimlessly, without his control. I picked up a heavy yellow pole that laid on the ground by my feet and raised it up in the air. I stalked to Killian, he had not noticed me, neither had Dad.

"I am the Mandarin!" Was the last thing Killian snarled before I whacked the pole against his head. I didn't hold anything back. With the strength from the Extremis, I was able to send him flying to the floor. I breathed heavily, feeling the anger for Killian rise. His body was now twisted up from my attack.

"Yea" I tossed the pole on the ground "I kinda figured that out"

"I got nothing" Dad was sitting there dumbfounded by my sudden appearance. He thought that I was dead, so did I.

Above me, a random Iron Man suit flew around Killian and I. It aimed its repulser at me, readying to fire "Jarvis, subject at my 12 o'clock is not a target, disengage!" Dad warned and tapped his ear, but his transmitter wasn't in there. It laid on the ground a few feet away.

The blast came straight to me, hitting me on the arm but it didn't hurt that much. The blast mostly missed and hit the ground next to me.

I looked down to the ground at the blast mark and then up to Dad who was still sitting. "What?" He asked, putting his arms up slightly "Oh, what, are you mad at me?"

I ran towards him, using his bent knee at a lift and I propelled myself up to the suit and punched my arm though the chest. The suit and I landed back on the ground with a clash. I ripped the helmet off and flung it back. Killian, who had stood back up, had his face smashed again by the helmet. He grunted and toppled back down. The helmet clattered on the ground

"Whoo!" I heard Dad cheer.  I ripped off the arm to the suit and quickly placed it on my arm. Killian was on his feet again. His whole body was rigid and burnt. He looked like a horror monster from a scary movie. I didn't waste any time. I kicked a weapon called 'The Ex-Wife' in to the air towards Killian and fired the repulser on my arm.

The plasma hit the missile and exploded, leaving nothing but a pile of Killian. His body evaporated into thin air, and that was the last time I ever saw that man.

I stood there, gritting my teeth. My shoulders rose and fell rapidly as I tried to catch my breath "I told you I'd kill you" I added.

"Jessica?" A wary voice called behind me.

I spun around, finally realizing what I had just done. I had just killed the Mandarin. No more terror attacks from them because I just ended it all "Oh, my God" I gasped "That was really violent... And I liked it!" I was now even more horrified with myself.