one

the first day of our lives.

"baby." my mom said softly, cupping my cheeks. she let a tear slide down her cheek. I couldn't cry today, my makeup was perfect. I simply took a finger and brushed it away. for almost 55, she was gorgeous.

"you look so beautiful." she said softly, trailing a hand down my dress. I smiled softly and took her into a hug.

"thanks mom." she smiled and pulled away. then she stepped behind me, tucking my veil into my hair. then had a few of my curled bangs fall down into my face.

the man came to get me and I got nervous. I was doing this, really doing this.

my mother walked me from my room all the way to the double doors of the alter. they got my dress ready, played the music and shoved open the doors.

I had my arm hooked around my mother, her escorting me down the isle. people aw'ed and drooled over my dress and me, but Nate... his eyes saw the first glance of me and he turned away, looking back at me like he was seeing things.

my cheeks flushed while Nate just stared at me with the biggest smile. I gave him one back, ignoring our best friends cheering us on, ignoring the loud clapping. my feet walked up those steps and then Nates hands were with mine.

"you look so stunning, baby." he said, stepping closer to kiss my cheek. he looked so handsome. Nate got his hair trimmed, now slicked back. he was clean shaven and sharp in his tux.

"you look handsome, Nathan." I said softly back. then the preacher began. we stayed there while he recited the mandatory verses, until we got to our vows.

Nates cousin came up and delivered the rings for us, giving one to Nate with a smile. he ruffled his hair and then turned back to me with a white smile.

"I vow to you, Alessandra, to be the best husband there is. I vow to keep you safe, whether the floor is lava, or were out on the beach." that made me laugh. "i vow to be a good father for our children, a role model who would never let them down. I vow to make you forever happy, even if you're mad at me because I burnt the Mac and cheese." that was a true story. it made me tear up. "and I vow, through sickness, and health, for better and for worse, from this day forward, I take you as my beautiful," his hand cupped my cheek and he ran a thumb over my cheekbone. "gorgeous wife, until death do us part princess."

then he slid my wedding band on my finger. I smiled and wiped the tear from the corner of my eye. I took Nates ring from the boys pillow and have him a smile. my eyes locked with Nates hazel ones and I smiled.

"Nathan Montgomery Maloley, I am so in love with you. every single day you draw me in more and I love everything about you. I love how you snore when you sleep. I love how you get grumpy when there's no coffee, and you chase me around the house until I finally make you some. I love waking up to your bed head and morning breath. I love you, so much." I reached forward and took his hand, lifting it and kissing the back of his hand.

"I vow to be the very best wife I can be. I vow to love you through sickness and health, attitude and sass. I vow to be the best mother for our children and to give you the world. to infinity and beyond, until death due us part." he smiled and so did I as I slid his ring into his finger.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. you may kiss your bride." Nates smile was big and flashy as he stepped forward. he cupped my cheeks and pressed his lips to mine. it was the sweetest kiss, lasting only a few seconds. people cheered, celebrating our marriage.

I was married to Nate Maloley, my once fuck buddy, but now my one love.