twenty-four

nates pov

Kristen arranged our meet to be at noon at the Cafe down in LA. alessandra was still asleep, because last night we stayed up until six smoking and talking. she was so beautiful when she was sleeping.

i kissed her head and grabbed my keys, then slid down to the front door. i slid into my jeep and pulled out, beginning on the drive. it was a beautiful day, the sun shining and no cloud in sight. i arrived too soon and walked in.

i saw kristen at a booth and i walked over to her, sitting across from the blonde. it was fun to fuck and chuck her, but its scaring me why she's here. oh wait, i already knew why.

"okay, cough it up." she glared at me for my comment.

"you could at least show me some compassion about it!" she grumbled while digging in her purse. then she pulled out the orange envelope with all the answers.

she looked at me with a worried look. i took a deep breath and took the papers out, reading the contents.

to the parent or guardian of Trysten Court,

regarding the blood sample... we have determined the father is Nathan Maloley... child is almost 7 years old...

"holy fucking shit." i said, dropping it to my lap and groaning.

"child support is 650 a month." she said in a sigh, looking at me sympathetically. my eyes widened.

"650?! kristen are you insane?" she rolled her eyes.

"its either we keep this down low, or your wife will know you have a kid from a chick in high school!" i groaned and buried my head into my hands. this was all too much.

i didn't know she was pregnant, i didnt know that when i left. i left because she was getting too close too fast and i didn't like it. now i know why...

"how should i send it to you?" i asked, lifting my head up. she shook her head.

"we'll arrange it tomorrow, over lunch after we talk to my bank." she handed me a paper with an address and a time. then she got up and walked out of the restaurant. i groaned and shoved the paper in my pocket.

Alessandra's Pov

i woke up with the smell of chinese food. my eyes opened and i came to face a smiling Nate. "good morning, princess." he leaned forward and kissed me softly. then he pulled away and took my hand.

"hi baby. how was the date?" he rolled his eyes but i only smiled. i stretched my arms over my head and then slung them forward so i could wrap them around his neck. "i was kidding." he smiled and pecked my lips.

"it went well. she talked about how she found a man at that prom and she actually thanked me for ditching her that night." i only laughed and kissed his cheek.

"im glad you guys settled it." nate wrapped his arms around my chest and pulled me close to his body. he hugged me and kissed my neck with light kisses.

"come on, i got us chinese food." he scooped me up in his arms and then carried me downstairs. he set me on the couch and sat beside me. he grabbed the two to-go boxes and sat the one with overstuffed noodles on my lap. i smiled at him and stuck it in my lap. then he placed his in his lap.

"netflix?" i nodded and turned on the xbox, then turned on cartoons. we started eating in peace, laughing and exchanging comments with each other. when we finished i took our trash to the can and then grabbed two beers from the fridge.

on the door came a knock. i walked to it with a frown. behind it was Gilinsky, other Sam, and swazz. "hi alessandra!" they all said in unison.

i smiled. "hi you guys. whats going on?" gilinsky smiled.

"were here to smoke our brains out. Gilinsky is a recently divorcee." my eyes went wide. jack only held his hand up.

"shh. lets smoke." i nodded and stepped back so they could enter the house. i stayed back so the boys could do their thing, but jack stayed back too.

"can i talk to you, like alone?" his eyes were sad, and i could feel how sad he was. he was divorced from the one he loved with all his heart. my head nodded and i walked him into the kitchen were no one was.

"whats up, jack?" i sat on the counter and looked up at him. he took a deep breath and averted his gaze to the converse on his feet.

"i uh, i don't feel okay at all. my chest is just, aching. my head is swirling, mostly because of the booze. and everything i look at reminds me of her. she left me, she left me." he let out a sob and his head turned up to face me.

"i got home from the studio with johnson and our house was empty of everything that was hers. she was sitting at the counter, crying with a picture of us in her hands. when she faced me, she wiped a tear and got up." a tear slid down his cheeks and i could feel my heart breaking for him.

"she looked so beautiful. her hair was in her face but her eyes were sad, i wished they weren't. then she cupped my cheek and leaned in to kiss the other one." jack sniffled and tried to gather up all his strength for what came next.

"she opened her mouth, then shut it for a minute. when she did speak, she told me she didnt love me anymore. then she walked out the door without another look behind her." jack was really crying, and i immediately offered my comfort. he took it and buried his face in my shoulder.

"i don't know how to get past the fact that she woke up today and didnt love me anymore." he shut up and clutched into my shirt for dear life.