nine

I was in the middle of braiding my hair when our front door opened. I heard a baby crying and then some curse words. then Sammy popped into my room.

"al, somethings wrong." he walked quickly over to me and grabbed my hand, putting it on Ana's forehead. it was burning hot and she was crying uncontrollably.

"Sammy why isn't she at the hospital?" I gasped, nearly falling from the chair. he shrugged.

"I didn't know what to do! I thought you would." I shook my head.

"no, no, Sammy you need to go to the hospital. a fever in a baby isn't very safe." he nodded and walked to the door. I followed.

"can you come with me?" sam asked. downstairs Nate laughed.

"and you promised there was nothing there." the door slammed and I almost lost it. every single fucking time I talk to Sam he takes something the wrong way.

I didn't want to go but now I was just pissed. I sighed and nodded, grabbing my phone and my shoes. my feet slid into them effortlessly and we walked down. Nate was on the porch.

"are you going to come with?" I asked softy. he only chuckled unhumorously and shook his head. he didn't even look at me. I sucked up the emotions flowing over me and kissed his cheek. "I love you." he only said it back in a mumble. then I headed to the car with Sam.

--

the doctors were doing their thing with Anastasia. I wasn't allowed in the room because I'm not related, so me, myself, and I were out in the waiting room. fighting with the husband they love so much.

when he texted something about sammy and I having sex I literally lost it. my fingers shakily turned off the device and I buried my head in my hands, tears flowing from my eyes.

the door in front of me opened and shut. then a body sat next to me. "are you okay, al?" I shook my head, not even looking up.

"he thinks I'm cheating on him with you." Sammy laughed at that. "it's not funny." he stopped and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry, al." his hand rubbed my back slowly. slowly my emotions faded and I sat up, wiping my eyes.

"it's okay, I'm okay. how's ana?" I changed the subject. my mind wasn't ready to think about Nate and the problems that arose.

"she's better, fever is down to 99 degrees, she's not as whiny and looks better." then he paused. "why does he think you're cheating."

"because I'm with you and Anastasia a lot. he brought it up on Halloween, which was almost a fucking month ago. we're supposed to be going up to his parents next week for thanksgiving and-" I couldn't continue. fighting was not on my list for a thanksgiving getaway.

we had everything already all planned out. it was going to be a whole week with his wonderful family. I was really looking forward to it and if we were fighting, then I don't want to be there.

"I'm sorry al." he leaned over and took me into a hug. I just sat there, my thoughts over coming my mind. it was silent for many minutes. "can I tell you something?" he said softly. I nodded my head.

"I like you, al. I've liked you since we were in high school. these past months, you helping me, it's really made me realize my feelings for you."

what

sammy wtf ????