eighteen

all of our eyes went wide. I was the first to turn around and there, I locked eyes with a Sammy Wilk. a huge gasp flooded the air and I fell back, my feet stumbling on each other that ended with Nate catching me in his arms before I fell.

Madison spoke up. "what are you doing here? you were in jail and we're in Paris!" Sammy only chuckled and looked down at his jeans.

"I came to say congratulations." I couldn't believe this. my head shook and my hands fell on my dress, picking it up so I could walk to him. when I was within arms length, I bitch slapped the fuck out of him.

"you have no right to show up here on a good day for us!" I exclaimed, my voice a wreck. he was still my friend but just a distant friend now. he lost a lot of my respect and a lot of my love. he was stupid and endangered his daughter. (who is doing great by the way)

"this is a great day for Jack and Madison and you escaped prison to be here? you're an idiot!" he chuckled and scratched his neck at that.

"about that. I uhm, I was bailed out. I'm legally allowed to be here." (after learning stuff, this probably wouldn't be legal) I huffed out at that, turning and walking back to Madison's side. my mind was now slightly upset.

Madison placed a hand on my arm and sighed. "Sammy, this is such a surprise." she held her dress up, even though it was probably dirty anyways. "what are you doing here? why didn't you confront us at home? after our wedding?" Sammy shrugged and sighed.

"I wanted to be here for my best friends big day. i had to support him." Jack stepped forward and slapped him on the back.

"thanks man. but that still doesn't excuse what happened." Sammy sighed and nodded.

"I know, I know. but I just want to be here for your happy day!" i personally didn't want him to be here. I suppose I was still mad but it also has been five months.

Nate and Jack stepped up and took him to the side. Madison and the other guys followed too. until it was me and Skeez. he leaned over to me. "after this I'm going immediately to the liquor store. you going to tag?" my head nodded furiously.

"hot tub drinking?" Skeez nodded furiously too. he tossed his arm over my shoulder and nodded.

"hell yeah." we stood there, watching as many French people walked by. it was a beautiful town and such beautiful people. we were admiring everything, pointing out and talking about it all together.

it felt like five hours later when our group came back and Sammy with them. "let's go to dinner!" Madison cheered, taking a hold of my arm. I smiled and let out a little chuckle. I was worried on how this would play out.

--

9:23 pm.

Madison and Jack were up in their hotel room. obviously, you know. and since it was the honeymoon suite, they had a whole fucking floor to themselves.

me and Skeez just got back from a booze run,
since my husband was too busy with Sammy. now I was in a hot tub getting drunk with a good friend.

"okay, who would you rather do, Jennifer Aniston or Meghan fox." I asked him, taking a sip of my patron. Skeez laughed and tilted his head back.

"well Jennifer is 45 looking 29, but Meghan is twenty something looking twenty something." he made a face and nodded. "Jennifer Aniston for sure." that made me laugh. "Channing Tatum or Ryan Gosling?" he fired back, sipping on his Hennessey.

"oh that's a tough one. Tatum, but only if he's in Magic Mike." Skeez gave me a look. "hey! no judging." he only smiled and shook his head.

"no judging here!" he held his hands up, then spread them across the back of the tub. it fell silent for a while and then he sighed.

"I have pot, a bunch of booze in the room and a balcony. id rather get cross faded. tell your husband and then meet me up there." he smiled and then got up. his boxers stuck to his body as he left.

I sighed and got up too, moving over to grab my dress. it stuck to my wet body but it was worth it while I drank my patron on the way to the elevator. it opened and there stood Nate. "hey baby." he greeted as I stepped in. he kissed me.

"hey! I'm going to binge on booze and pot with Skeez, please join." he chuckled and shook his head.

"id love to baby, but I'm going with Sam to the airport." I gave him a weird look.

"airport?" Nate sighed and hit the close doors button. he hit our floor button and then we were off.

"Sammys going back to Omaha. he wants to see if Lori will let him see Anastasia." I nodded my head.

"how long will you be gone?" Nate shrugged his shoulders.

"i'll be back soon baby." he pressed his lips against mine and wrapped his arm around my waist. I kissed him back, my hand falling on his cheeks. the doors opened and we pulled away. I moved to step out but there was Sammy. he had his bag and a bouquet of black roses.

my eyes went wide. "Sammy?" he smiled and stepped away, pulling my hand with him. the elevator doors shut and to my surprise, Nate wasn't out here. but I did hear a loud 'fuck!'

"Alessandra. I want to give these to you because I am so grateful for you taking my daughter to my parents. and also because..." he took a deep breath and handed them to me. "I love you."