ċɦaքtɛʀ 3 : Devastation Fills the Air

( Jay's Pov )

" Oh shit... I got three missed calls, hey Trej I'll be right back. Yo don't go know where and watch the game for me "
" Yeah sure bro "

Running up the stairs I open the door and immediately drop to the floor by Jada and Ka' Liya. Jada was breaking down in Ka' Liya' s arms looking like she was dying.

I came in here cause Ka' Liya was blowing up my phone and I didn't know why. Wasn't expecting to find her trying to calm down my sister who was breaking down so bad her body was Trembling. Tears stream down her face, nose running and her breathing got heavier by the minute. Its amazing Z didn't hear her already; she must have taken that NyQuil shit again.

My attention is back on Jada now trying to fight Ka' Liya off her. I quickly come to my senses closing and relocking the door. Even tho I was unaware of what happened in the past 45 minutes between them I doubt Ka' Liya did anything wrong. If she did she wouldn't be dumb enough to call me because I don't care how tall she is I can still beat her ass.

Ka' Liya managed to keep her body as still as possible. Her body now shaking instead of trembling but the tears kept pouring out her eyes and hyperventilating had kept on getting worse. Jada was definitely having a panic attack. I put my hands on her face keeping her head still and looking her dead in the eyes. " Calm Down Sis " I tried talking her down but she just kept breaking Ka' Liya' s grip to put her hands back over her ears and shaking her head back & forth.

I stand up rushing over to our closet and get out the blue and white spray painted box hidden in the corner under all of our shoes I take out the soft fuzzy ball and hid the box again then placing it into Jada's hands. Once she knew what was in her hands her breathing slowed along with a now slow constant flow of tears.

Jada allows Ka' Liya to hold her and calms down dead silent. Somehow Jada manages to drift asleep in her arms, not letting go of her tight grip against the soft fuzzy ball that actually has a story behind it. I decided to tell Ka' Liya too so it don't make Jada look crazy or whatever.

**** FlashBack****

When we were 4 years old our mom took us to an arcade for our birthday and one of the prizes was that fuzzy lil ball. We both wanted it and their was no way we could get two cause we couldn't come up with that many tickets but we worked together and saved up all our tickets to eventually get the ball. Meanwhile our mom was snorting what we thought was sugar in the bathroom. Long story short we won the ball but that's not what makes the ball so important.

When we got home her boyfriend at the time was waiting their for us and he never liked us. Jada was more scared of him then anything and we always tried to stick together. That day we was siting on the floor watching cartoons he asked Jada to get him a beer and she looked at me scared then handed me the ball and did what he asked. Our mom was in the other room strung out on drugs had no idea what was going on.

She came back with the beer for him he smacked it out her hand and started yelling at her cause she brought him a soda by accident they looked alike anyway so it was an honest mistake but he didn't care.

She started crying and that's the moment I learned to stand up for her. I grabbed Jada by the hand helping her up and we walked away. He shoved her with his foot against her back and I got scared. He kept yelling at us and threatening to hurt us if we didn't learn to listen. When he finally walked away leaving us alone I gave her the fluffy little ball and told her everything was going to be okay.

From everyday on when she was scared or upset and it was all over I found the ball and told her the same thing each time, it always works...

**** End of FlashBack ****

" Well at least their was something to calm her down then because I honestly didn't know what else to do "
" Ka' Liya theirs one thing you have to understand about her is that Jada she is very vulnerable but scared is when she acts like that, she won't change either because its how she grew up thinking a panic attack or break down could protect her but it can't. "
" Thanks man and after everything she told me today I can't believe she made it this far without breaking down or having a panic attack earlier "
" You think Jada would be mad If you told me? "
" Nah cause I told her if she couldn't tell her family after telling me I would tell you guys and theirs no way I'm gonna make her say what she already said to me again, it was hard enough the first time "

Trej knocks on the door asking " Whats going on in their, y'all okay?"
"Trej go get Ziondra !" I yell through the door and he gets the message.

Ka' Liya picks Jada up gently laying her in the bed as she sits on the end of the bed watching her sleep. Looking as if she was gonna break down next but the hint of disgust in her facial  expression was saying something else. I need answers and apparently  Ka' Liya was the only one that could give them now.

At least 15 or twenty minutes pass by and Jada is restless in her sleep so Ka' Liya sits up closer to her and lets Jada lay her head on her lap and plays in Jada's hair as she drifts back to sleep holding on to Ka' Liya tight like she was afraid she was gonna leave.
I let Trej and Z in and their worried, it shows all in their faces.

" You guys are gonna need to sit down to hear this " Ka' Liya says almost dead inside, warning us.
" Okay so, whats going on? " Z questions half a sleep but this was sure to be an even ruder awakening after the way Jada broke down.
" I'm just gonna say it all at once like she did and just hold anything you wanna say til I finish okay? " everyone nods okay.

" It all started three days ago after school, coming over to my place but first she went to her Study buddy Riya's house. Anyway she was walking to my place when she took the shortcut through the park like usual but she tripped over something and cut up her leg. When this guys tried to jump her but they weren't actually after her. They saw her face to face and realized it was the wrong person they were after. So they let her go but she was still pretty shook up. That's all i knew happened that day she finally made it to my place and I wanted her to go to Patient First or at least tell you so it wouldn't get infected but she didn't listen. She just let me put a whole bunch of band aids over it. Today she told me the whole story... "

Ka' Liya' s head sunk low and I honestly wasn't sure if she was gonna be able to finish telling us everything that happened. At this point I really ain't know what to think let alone if I was gonna be abled to handle it either if somebody hurt my lil sister man.

Looking to my side the emotions running through Trej's head start to make me realize somebody had to have hurt my sister which makes my insides pump full of anger and Z was already on the verge on tears... I guess now were all thinking the worst but still hoping its not what we thought in this somewhat breif moment of silence Ka' Liya needed to take before we all heard the devastating truth...

~ Short chapter 😂 but... I really wanted to tease y'all lol, the truth will be revealed soon enough! 😏 ~