ċɦaքtɛʀ 11: Prison Tales

( Ziondra's Pov )

We started out on the wrong foot but we got our shit together before entering the jail. Luckily we had made it before visiting hours were over. We split up once we were their to make shit easier. Me & Trej saw dad first as the twins and Ka' Liya saw their mom. I couldn't wait to see my dad not feeling nervous at all.

However its not my place to say anything that happened with La' Jada this summer because its up to her. Although I can prepare him or give him advice on how to take the news. As we went our separate ways inside to different visiting stations because the men and women were of course separated. I wished them luck and they did the same.

Seeing my dad in jail was sad but I was just happy to see him after we got those letters. Sitting down first I talk to him thru the phone and place my head against the glass while he does the same.

" Hey, Z how you been? " He calmly asks yet you could her the happiness in his voice.
" I'm good dad, I miss you tho " I pause for a moment " Any idea how long before you get out? " I ask with concern.
" They said since my good behavior and minor offense I might get out on parole within the coming of the next year but where's the twins is they causing trouble!?! That why you asking Z??? " He puffs out escalating the situation.
" No no no, well not exactly its not La' Jada's fought anyway but I was just curious that's all cause me and Ke are pushing back the wedding " I reassure him making sure I don't slip up and say anything too specific bout Jada.
" What she been up to? Cause she normally not the one to be causing no trouble & how are you and Ke doing assuming she is back home? " He anxiously questions without completely changing the subject to Jada.
" Dad, La' Jada has been going thru some things and its really hard for all of us but we do what we can to help her... She will tell you if she is ready today but I hope you treat her the way you treated me " I nudge him on towards thinking the right way bout how to react.
" What are you talking bout? You need to tell me whats going on with my baby girl she still so young and I don't want her getting hurt at a fragile age Z " He protests as if I could have stopped what happened which I couldn't of.
" Look, she will tell you but you gotta calm down and not jump at her to tell you cause your gonna make her freak out and then you'll never know " I inform him wisely.
" Okay, okay but how y'all and Ke? I really like that girl she a good match for you " He reasons with me then makes me smile uncontrollably at the thought of my Fiancée.
" We good Dad, she great with La' Jada too those two are inseparable when it comes to photography and who knows she might just follow in Ke's Footsteps " I tell him excitedly.
" That wouldn't be bad but what happened to her other plan to be a Doctor??? " He smirks but a little confused.
" I don't really know what she doing but I feel like Photography or any field of art she would be more happy in life with then the Medical field " I explain myself with reasoning and his facial expression of shock fades.
" That's true but baby girl don't forget the decision is one that she has to make even tho you think you know everything that's best for her which I don't doubt, she gotta learn to think for herself okay? " He makes his point crystal clear and I realize I do probably need to back off Jada a lil more but get on Jay.
" Alright let me talk to your knuckleheaded brother for a sec " He gives a smirk that immediately makes me laugh.
" Alright Dad I love you " I say my last words before giving Trej his turn.
" Love you too Sweetheart " he blows me a kiss and I wipe it off my cheek as if it was literally their to make him smile like when I was younger.

( Trejs Pov )

After Z took forever it was my turn to confront him and I hope I have made him proud just being their for our family and all the progress I made getting off the streets.