Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Kayla's POV

"Everything I own is ugly! I look like a mess and I lost my contacts!"

Mattie looked around my room and sighed.

"You need to calm down. All of your clothes are amazing, you look beautiful and how is it possible that you've lost your contacts? They're meant to be in your eyes."

"I don't know. One minute they were there and the next they're gone!" I complained.

"Why don't you just wear your glasses?" He suggested.

"Because they're uglier than lord voldermort sunbathing in Hawaii!"

Silence. That's what I got in return to that statement. Awkward... I was about to awkwarldly run away when something caught my eye.

"Oh my nandos! That's the one, Mattie! You've done it! You are a miracle worker."

I gave him a pat on the back then pushed him out of my room. Time to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's POV

It was 6:55 and I was early. It was easy seeing as we live in the same house. I saw Julian sitting in our kitchen eating a pack of crisps.

"Hey man, I was wondering if you could call Kayla down for me. We have five minutes left."

He looked at me, then he came up to me crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.

"What are your intentions with my best friend?" He interrogated.

"I really like her and I want the best for her. She's all I can think about 24/7 and if she doesn't agree to be my girlfriend when I ask her out, I will break down and cry. Man or not."

He searched my eyes for any sign of me lying, but found none. His face broke out into a smile and he gave me a pat on the back.

"I like you Liam. Don't break her heart. If you do, plastic surgery won't even be able to save your face when I'm done with it."

Then he turned around and ran upstairs to get Kayla.

He came downstairs five minutes later with a big smile on his face.

"Presenting the beautiful, Kayla Horan!"

I looked up the stairs where I saw Kayla standing. She took my breath away. She was wearing and off-the-shoulder white jumper with a black skull, tucked into a black skater skirt she also had black converse on. She was also wearing glasses and her blue hair was in a high ponytail. She looked like an angel.

She was at the bottom of the stairs so I walked up to her.

"Kayla," I whispered, "you look beautiful."

I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her forehead.

"Come on, Kayla. Let's go."

I took her hand in mine and we walked out the door.

"Remember to use protection!" Mattie shouted after us.

Way to ruin the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla's POV

"Where are we going Liam?" I asked when I put on my seat belt.

"It's a surprise." He smirked.

I groaned in annoyance.

"I hate surprises!"

He shrugged but didn't respond. He reached his hand out and turned on the radio. One of my songs, Mean Girls, came on so I switched the radio station.