Chapter Thirty-Three

Kayla's POV

I crashed my lips onto his, our lips moulding into each other. His arms went up around my waist while mine went up to his hair. I jumped a little and put my legs around his waist.

How I got myself into this situation, you ask. Well it all started this morning....

*Flashback*

I walked into my kitchen and saw the boys of One Direction and Mattie inside my house.

"What do you people want from me! How did you even get into my house?"

The all smiled simultaneously. Freaky.

"We wanted to see our favourite person. And we were bored of annoying each other so we decided to annoy you instead and bring Julian along." Liam piped up.

I rolled my eyes and walked up to the counter top to get an apple. I bit straight into it.

"Kayla, I've told you time and time again, wash the damn apple before you eat it! Only God knows what's been on it." Mattie scolded me. I rolled my eyes.

"So, what do you guys want to do today?" Niall asked.

I blurted out the first thing I thought of.

"Let's go and see Lucas!" I grinned like a maniac.

I saw Louis raise an eyebrow. And look at the boys to see them staring at me open mouthed.

"So Kayla, do you like him?" Mattie asked me while grinning.

I narrowed my eyes at him and threw the rest of my apple at him.

"No I do not like him! I just met him a week ago." I crossed my arms over my chest indignantly.

"Yet you've met up with him every single day. That does seem a bit suspicious, doesn't it boys?" Niall stepped forwards with a smirk on his face.

"What is this? Gang up on Kayla day? Let's just go and see Lucas. You're driving." I threw the keys into Louis' face and I grabbed Mattie's arm and stormed out of the house to wait by the car. I could hear the loud laughter of the boys behind me.

"Kayla I'm your best friend. You know you can tell me anything. Do you like Lucas?" Mattie glared at me, demanding the truth.

I sighed deeply.

"Yes, yes I do. He's different. Special. I really like him." I admitted, shrugging.

Mattie grinned. I wonder what he's planning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas' POV

"...and that's how I know that Kayla likes you." Mattie grinned.

He just explained to me how he got Kayla to confess to liking me. To be honest, I was quite impressed.

"Hey Mattie, do you want to buy us pizza?" I heard Kayla call from the living room where she was hanging out with the rest of the boys.

"What happened to all of your money, superstar?" Mattie replied.

We were walking back to the living room so that we could hang out with the rest of them.

"Haven't you ever heard the saying? A rich person spends money like she's broke and a broke person spends money like she's rich."

"Amen." I heard the rest of the One Direction boys call out in response.

I saw Mattie roll his eyes and I chuckled.

"Whatever, I'll do it as long as we have a movie night!" His eyes lit up.

We all shrugged and muttered our agreements. He took out his phone and began to call the pizza place.

I leaned over and whispered in Kayla's ear.

"Hey Kayla, come upstairs with me. I need to talk to you."

Without waiting for a response, I got up and left the living room and made my way upstairs and into my bedroom. I sat on my bed and waited for Kayla to come. She came in and sat next to me on my bed indian style.

"So, what's up Luke?" She asked while grinning.

I turned around to face her and I took a deep breath.

"Kayla I've been thinking about this for a long time and I want to ask you something." I began.

She nodded and gestured for me to continue.

"Will you go out with me."

I looked at her. Her eyes were wide and her jaw dropped open. I held my breath waiting for her answer. She closed her eyes and nodded slowly.

"On one condition."