Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

My eyes widened.

"Oh my nandos." I looked at Mattie and my eyes narrowed.

His eyes widened.

"What's wrong? I didn't eat your egg surprise sandwich. It's still in your bag."

I was about to reply when I got interrupted by a popstar.

"What's an egg surprise sandwich?" Niall asked, intrigued now that we're on the topic of food.

I glared at him and ignored him. Mattie sighed and answered his question.

"It's Kayla's special sandwich. She only makes it for herself because in everyone's opinion of it is that it's a disgusting combination of different fillings, but she likes it." He shrugged.

Niall was about to say something but I interrupted him.

"Anyway, before I got interrupted I was about to say that today is my birthday and you didn't remind me." I glared at him.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"It's your birthday. You're supposed to remember."

I was about to retort when the host, James Corden, came up to us.

"It's your birthday today Kayla? That means it's Niall's birthday too!"

I nod slowly.

"Well happy birthday to you two. Do you guys have anything planned?"

He put the microphone in front of my face.

"I'm probably just going to hang out at home watching scary movies." I shrugged.

He put the microphone in front of Niall's face.

"Yes, I'm having a party which you are invited to."

He nodded and got up leaving us sitting there. What a strange man.

"So Kayla, happy birthday." Zayn smiled nervously.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"That means nothing coming from you Malik." I spat.

He flinched back. I rolled my eyes and turned away and watched the rest of the VMA's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The nominees are: Kayla's video Dirrty, One Direction's video Story Of My Life, Conor Maynard's video R U Crazy and Little Mix's Video Move. And the winner is......Kayla with Dirrty!"

A smile broke out on my face. I stood up slowly and made my up to get my award. I got it handed to me by Taylor Swift and Cher Lloyd. I turned to the microphone to give my speech.

"I want to thank all of my fans, my best friend Julian and my boss Simon. If it wasn't for all of you guys I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you guys for voting for me. Katastrophies till the end!"

I walked backstage instead of going back to my seat because I was going to get ready to perform Fighter. I was putting on a black leather bra and shorts with combat boots. My blue hair was up in a ponytail with some parts coming down framing my face. I was also wearing black leather fingerless gloves. Time to go on stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome back Kayla!"

I came back onto the stage and people cheered and I heard my name being shouted. I smiled and fog was coming from both sides. I began to sing my new song.