Chapter 7- Hermione's Comfort

Hermione had tried to come and see Harry in his room, but whenever she came near, he'd yell "Colloportus!"
So the door would lock.

Whenever she came to speak to him in class, he'd ignore her. He wasn't angry at her, he just knew what she was going to say.

Finally she caught him after class, in the Gryffindor common room.
"Harry James Potter, stop being so ignorant and talk to me!"

"Tell me what you have to say isn't about Malfoy." he snapped. She rubbed the back of her neck. "Exactly. I don't want to hear you apologising for him, 'Mione. Please."
He started to walk off, but Granger called something behind him.

"I just thought it'd be obvious, even for our saviour, that he didn't smell me in Amortentia."
Enraged, he clenched his jaw, stopped and turned to yell at her.
"Don't play that game with me. You know I'd be nowhere without you and Ron, so stop trying to make me seem guilty."
"Harry, what he smelt-"

"Look, I don't want to hear about him! Wasn't he the one who was calling you a filthy mudblood? But you still chose his side, 'Mione!"
"Because he's trying to be genuine and nice and you're being an idiot over this whole situation! When you're ready to apologise and hear what actually happened, I'll be waiting."
She turned on her heels, standing and crossing her arms as she faced the other way.

"You have 1 minute to explain, Granger." He hissed coldly.
"Finally! Harry, when he was waiting for you in the Room of Requirement, I had brought along perfume in my purse because it had began to stink in there. I sprayed it and he said he loved the smell, it was like rose and ginger mixed in with coconuts. That was what he smelt stupid, not me."

"To be honest, that's not why I'm mad at him. Hermione, he told me he loved me... You saw how close he got to me in Potions class! And then..." Tears started to drip down his cheeks, and it killed him because he hadn't been eating, so he felt a lot weaker than before.

"What wrong, Harry?" Hermione wrapped him in a hug.
"I miss him," he sobbed, "I shouldn't have kissed him-"
"W-Wait what? You kissed him? When?" She grinned happily.
"In Potions.. He didn't kiss me back..." Harry sniffled.

"Oh Harry!" He cried into her shoulder. It was the first time he'd shown emotion like this since that class. "Dont worry, Draco's been the same. Eating and all though, just constantly crying. I even caught him drunk of his arse yesterday!" She laughed gently, "And you know what? He said it was to take his mind off of you. Off of how he screwed up. Harry, he loves you, and you love him. You watch, when you see him in Potions tomorrow-"

"I'm calling off ill. I don't care whether I get a detention, I just can't stand to see him again. He wouldn't love me, either, look at me!"

"Harry, you need to eat. And I know he'd still love you. He took time to ask me, someone he truly used to hate, for your favourite song, Harry. He loves you..."

"My first kiss, and not even a kiss back." He scoffed, "Loves me? Likes me, maybe, but love's a strong word."
"Love's a strong word, I agree. But then it proves how strongly he feels towards you, because he does love you."

"Thanks Hermione. I'm sorry for, y'know, cutting you off from me."
"I understand."
It was silent as Hermione comforted Harry, before she brought something up that truly embarressed Harry.

"What was you both up to? Seemed to be getting pretty heated in class."
"What are you going on about?"
"You kinda let loose a little moan..."
"Oh. Oh, no, Hermione, not that. We wasn't doing anything like that!"
"Mmhhm." She winked and he blushed, putting his head back onto her shoulder again.

"Hermione, I don't think he likes me as much as you reccon. H-he agrees but then acts otherwise..."
"He said the same about you. Yet he also says you make him laugh, and you embarress him, tease him and aren't so awkward. So, you tell me."
"He didn't smell me in the Amortentia, and you're only supposed to smell what you love."