Chapter 36- Forgive

Harry stared at the velvet box that had fell out of Draco's pocket and onto the ground.

Was he...?
No. No...

"Dad, we didn't mean to upset him!" Albus defended, but Harry paid little attention.

"Way to go, Al! Why did you have to mention the death eater bit? You know it's a touchy subject for him!" Scorpius shoved Albus, and the other boy pushed him back.

There was shoving and more yelling, and Harry snapped.

"Boys, stop being so childish! I understand it can be hard sometimes to live with two dads, and I understand you probably want a mother instead, but please stop! I'm sorry we're not the best parents but we try, okay? Now stop fighting and sit your asses down!"

The boys glared at each other and sat down, crossing their arms.

"Dad, we don't want a mother, really... You are like our mother. We love you both, you know that, right?"
Scorpius' voice wasn't shakey at all and was more serious, whereas Albus' lacked confidence at times like this.

"Yeah, we didn't mean to make dad upset... Y-you're great parents... Please don't be mad."

"I'm not mad," He grumbled, getting on his knees and searching the box, "Just... Just curious."

They raised their eyebrows and watched as Harry opened the box.

His mouth gaped open and a tear escaped his eye.

There was a note stuck above the present, and he read it aloud to the kids.

Dear Harry,
You know I don't like weddings or any of that, so this isn't a proposal, sorry to say.

It's a ring, I know but it's more like a...promise ring...that I'll always be there for you. I had designed it especially for you.

I hope you like it, I'm sorry it's not much, and I know how much you really wanted to get married. I'm sorry I couldn't give that to you.

Happy birthday Harry! Love you, my sunshine, and after this, you can call me your husband. I'd enjoy to be finally classed as that. ;)

Check the small imprint on the ring.
~Drakey♡

He looked up at the ring and twiddled it between his fingers until the light caught the message.

Forever and always, Potty. Love, Drakey

It ran around the whole ring to fit it on, and it made Harry sigh.

Draco had left and said it wasn't important, yet he thought otherwise.
He had to find him.

"Hey my little babies," He stood up, looking at the kids, "I need to go find your father. Stay here and stay safe. I love you both."

"N-no! You can't go alone... What if you don't come back?"

"Don't be silly, Al. Of course I'll be back," He smiled, "I'm never going to leave either of you. Never. I love you both too much. Stay safe, I'll be back with him, okay darlings?"

They nodded and Scorpius glanced at Albus' frightened face, before hugging him.

"Albus, I wont let anyone hurt you, and nobody will. You know that, so stop being so silly."

Harry smiled at his sons, before squeezing them both.
"Thank you, Scorps, for being such an amazing brother."
He kissed his forehead along with Albus', before slipping the ring on his finger and walking outside.