Chapter 28- Alone

Draco sighed and sat in a empty chair next to Scorpius, in his usual spot on the kitchen table.
He glanced at Albus who wore a face full of dread.

"H-has daddy left us? For good?" His chin wobbled again, making Malfoy shake his head.

"No, baby, no. He's just gone on a walk, like he said." He was reassuring himself more than Albus, but it had worked.

"Hopefully he has left. Never liked that man, father; When can we trade him?"
Scorpius' words stung Draco, and he was glad Harry wasn't here to hear them, because he knew it would have killed him.

"Scorpius Potter- Malfoy, sort out your attitude. I am sick to death of hearing your father worry about what he's doing wrong when he's doing everything perfect. That man has been there for you since birth and you can't even make room for him in your heart?

"This was supposed to be an amazing day that me and your dad planned for you both. Now he's gone for the day and I'm alone. I don't know what to do without him. Scorpius for Harry's sake, can't you atleast try to get to know your father? Surely you must show some feelings for him; why do you hate him so bloody much?

"And I am not trading him, he's ours and ours only. Get used to that fact, boy, or it'll just hurt him even more to know you don't care for him at all!"

Draco slammed his fists on the table and picked up Albus, taking him in a hug.

"Don't cry," he mumbled, knowing for well the boy hated shouting, "It's not your fault."

Scorpius looked down, his chin wobbling.

"You don't understand." His voice softened suddenly but then raised itself, "Everytime I'm upset, I get ignored by everyone. Albus gets the whole world to make him feel better, and all I have is myself." Tears dropped onto the pancake he still hadn't touched, and soft whimpers came out of his mouth.

Draco glanced at him with a raised eyebrow.
"Son, we're sorry, okay? We aren't mind readers, you must tell us when you're upset. You can't blame your dad for this though, he cries at night because of how you don't say you love him back, or how you always find rude things to comment about his past or appearance. He loves you, but he can't see when you're upset. He's quite unobservant, if you haven't realised. Is this what this is all about?"

He swiftly moved and picked up Scorpius who was sobbing, and placed him on his hip whilst cradling Albus.

The blond little boy nodded.
"Y-yes, I'm sorry, I don't mean what I say to him. I just want him to pay attention to me. To notice me."

"You remind me of someone," His father mumbled to himself before carrying on, "I understand what you mean. This isn't the way though. He pays Albus more attention because of how sensitive our little Al is, he knows you're strong enough to deal with it. And if you can't, we'll always be here to help. Forever and always, Scorps, so don't hesitate to tell us.

"Especially Harry. Make an effort with him from now on, okay? Do you know how excited he was to show you around the house and everything straight after you was born? And when you wrapped your little hand around his finger, he screamed in joy," Malfoy chuckled, "He loves you to pieces. You're just to blind to see it."

He looked down, his mercury eyes meeting with the matching pair the little boy he held owned.

"Dad, when can I be put down? I'm dizzy." Albus yawned.
Draco realised he had been swinging the boy back and forth quite a bit in his arms, as if he was on a roller coaster for a baby.

"Oops, sorry." He placed him on the ground and kissed his forehead. While lifting Scorpius up, he looked at him.

"We have a phone call to make."

☆☆☆☆

Harry sighed as he walked down the street.
Scorpius would never like him, he noticed, and that was that.
Why?
Was it his scar?

Stupid ugly scar. He thought as he rubbed at it forcefully, causing a bolt of pain to shoot through his brain. He groaned and held his head, hoping the pounding would stop.

Maybe it was his glasses, he wondered again, feeling his eyes water up.

His phone started to buzz, but he saw it was Draco and left it.
He needed fresh air and to roam around the streets.

He decided to sit down a few moments later, and sat next to a guy on a bench.

The man smiled, and glanced around before pulling out a cloth and shoving it forcefully over Harry's mouth.

Then everything went black.