Ji Chang Wook

"I'm sorry but..my answer's no."
Ji Chang Wook and I went on a date together at the mall. He asked me out, and after thinking about it for the rest of the date, I said no.

"It's not you, it's me. We've been talking for about a year and a half, on and off. Just recently, I told myself to get over you because you didn't seem interested in me and because of that, most of my feelings went away with it. But then you appeared out of no where confessing that you liked me! My heart was just so confused. But...I don't want to lose a special person like you in my life, so let's just be friends. Mm?" There was a part of me that wanted to say yes, but I just couldn't risk losing him as a friend either.

He sighed and looked at me, "Alright then. And don't worry, we'll be friends. Whenever you need me, I'll be here for you. This isn't goodbye."

A few days later, I finally hit the stage of regret. I couldn't bear the thought of anyone else being with him other than me. "Now, I don't know what to do. My heart feels so heavy, but I feel like it's too late to turn back now. After what I've already told him- Ugh!" I covered my face with my hands.
"It's not too late. The feelings are still fresh! It would be a little stupid of you to go back to him now but now you know what you really want! Go for it!" My best friend Sunny sat next to me on the bed and patted my back.
"I don't know... How can I just go back to him and say 'Is it too late to change my answer?' Gosh I'm the stupidest person ever! Why don't I ever not know what I want until it's too late!"
"Well you know he's leaving to go to the states today right? Don't tell me you forgot."
"Whattt?!?! I have to go!!"

It was monsoon season so on the way to the airport in the taxi the rain just kept pouring and pouring. Arriving to the airport, I ran inside and searched for him everywhere. I went to the information desk and asked them, "When did the last flight to the states leave?"
"They left about 3 hours ago before the rain came in."
"Ahh okay... Thank you..."

I walked outside with my heart feeling as heavy as ever! Just then, I saw a man standing alone outside under an umbrella with his suitcase, looking down at a piece of paper in his hands. "Ji Chang Wook!" I shouted.

He turned towards me and looked at me with surprise. I didn't care about getting drenched in the rain, I ran towards him. When I was next to him, he quickly held the umbrella over me too and said, "Are you crazy?! Why are you here? You're all wet! You're going to get sick...this won't do."
He was about to open up his suitcase but I grabbed his hand and said, "Listen to what I have to say first." He looked at me confused but I continued, "I know I told you my answer was no but I couldn't stop thinking about you at all. I couldn't stand the thought of anyone else being next to you other than me. I couldn't stand the thought of you liking anyone else other than me. My heart hurt with just the thought of it and then I finally realized that I didn't want to lose you as something more than a friend. Is it too late now to change my answer?"

His eyes stayed on me, his expression didn't change. "Ahh... I guess I am a bit too late... I'm sorry..for saying crazy things." I slowly let go of his arm and turned to leave.

Suddenly, his hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. His other hand holding the back of my neck as he came in to kiss me. His umbrella fell onto the ground and we both were getting drenched in the rain.

He kept his hands on my cheeks as he moved back to speak to me and said, "It was never to late. Even though I agreed to continue our relationship as friends, I was still going to love and protect you with all my heart. I was still going to make an effort. Thanks to the rain, the flight was delayed and I was going to come back to you, to stay by your side as a friend. But since you came to me first, everything's fine now with you by my side." He took my hands in his and held them.

I chuckled at the thought of the rain. "I thought you left in the flight 3 hours ago."
"That was the flight before mine silly." He still looked at me with loving eyes. Embarrassed, I looked down onto the ground and avoided his eyes. "But that's a reason why I love you."
I looked up at him surprised because of his sudden words and I gently smiled. He came closer and planted a kiss on my forehead. Then he hugged me and I held him back. His chest was firm and I could feel the muscles on his arms embracing me. I never wanted to let go of him. "I love you too."

Song: Gummy - Day and Night (Master's Sun OST)