V (BTS Kim Tae Hyung)

I moved to America a couple of years ago and went into hiding. I bought a big house out in the countryside and was safe here. I left everything and everyone behind in South Korea for their safety and for mine.

I was sitting by the fire when my phone rang. "Hello?"
There was no reply so I said again, "Hello?"
No reply again. I was about to hang up until they spoke, "It's me."
Right away, I recognized that voice and my eyes started to tear up. I couldn't speak but it was as if he already knew what I was going to ask so he said, "Outside."

I threw off the blanket I had over my legs and ran out to the front porch without even putting my shoes or jacket on.

I was now standing outside, under the front porch of my country home looking at Kim Tae Hyung with sad but gleeful eyes as he stood out in the rain. I was about to run to him until he said, "Don't come out in the rain like that. You'll get sick."
"Then you come over here."
He sadly smiled and shook his head. "I can't."
"What are you saying? Just come over here, you're soaking wet!"
He sadly looked down and said, "If I go now, I won't be able to leave."
I looked at him confused and stayed silent until he spoke again.

"I can't stay here in America with you." Then I understood why he wouldn't come over to me. Then he continued, "Only come to me if you'll go back to South Korea with me. Otherwise don't come towards me, it'll only hurt more..."
"I can't go back, you know that... I did this for all of you and...and-"
"We can get through this together. I'll protect you, I have been protecting you."
"You almost died protecting me! Don't you know how scared I was when I almost lost you?"
"But you didn't lose me. You know I'm a good fighter." He said with a sad laugh.

His hand was outreached for me to take. We were about 20 feet away from each other. I loved him so much yet my feet wouldn't move. My heart was aching, and a tear rolled down my cheek. I couldn't run away from here and go with him, but at the same time he couldn't stay here with me either.

I couldn't bring myself to move my feet no matter how much I wanted to be with him. It felt as if time froze until his smile turned into a sad smile and he slowly dropped his hand to his side. "I figured..." Even though he was drenched in the rain, I could tell he was crying. He turned away and looked up towards the sky.

"Don't leave..." I whispered to myself.
He turned back to glance at me once more and said, "I love you."

I watched him walk further and further away. I broke down into tears and clutched my heart. I held onto the railings with my other hand to support me standing up.

When I looked up to see how far away he was, I saw a car speeding in the rain. It seemed as if he didn't notice so I yelled at the top of my lungs, "Kim Tae Hyung!!!" He was able to hear me and turned around with a smile on his face. I ran down the steps and then suddenly saw him get hit by the car. I gasped and lost all of the strength in my legs. I fell to my knees and let go of the railings. "Kim Tae Hyung...Kim Tae..." It felt as if time slowed down, like everything was moving in slow motion and I couldn't do anything about it.

I shook my head and stood up, running as fast as I could in my sky blue dress, to the man I loved.

The car that hit him ran away and was nowhere in sight. I reached him and fell onto my knees. His head was bleeding and a river of blood flowed from under him. "Tae Hyung-ah..." My voice quivered as I called his name. He didn't respond and I broke down into even more tears. I held him in my arms and cried out loud. I brought my right hand up to caress his cheek and brush his hair back. "Kim Tae Hyung, open your eyes, hm? Please..." I begged. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, so please open your eyes. You have to stay alive. I'll go back to South Korea with you, so please open your eyes!"

I looked around and shouted in despair, "Somebody help! Please!" But there was no one around.

Inside I already knew he was gone but I couldn't bring myself to believe it. I stayed there on the floor, crying out in pain as I hugged him close to me. I just lost the one I loved.

******

I was standing outside, under the front porch of my country house looking at Kim Tae Hyung with sad eyes as he stood out in the rain, his hand was outreached for me to take. What's this? Tears were already strolling down my face when I looked at him. "You're alive..." I whispered to myself.

Without any hesitation, I ran to him through the rain and into his arms. He hugged me and smiled as he stroked my hair. I don't know what happened and how we went back in time but I won't lose you a second time. "Let go back to South Korea. I'll go with you."

He pulled away from me to look at my face. He had a huge smile on his face with a tear rolling down. I was now also drenched in the rain but I didn't care. As long as I'm with him, everything will be okay.

His hands held onto my face and he pulled me in for a passionate kiss. I held onto his waist and cherished the kiss that I almost would've lost for forever. I kissed him back, wanting every piece of him.

We broke off the kiss with our noses still touching. "Thank you." He sweetly said. "For loving me and being the one I love. I love you."
"I'll never let you go ever again." I quietly said.
He looked at me with a slightly confused expression but brushed it off when I gave him another kiss. Then he hugged me and I held onto him tightly.

In the distance, I heard a car speeding through the streets. I watched it fly by and disappear into the distance.

Song: Come Away With Me - Tracey Chattaway