Chapter 3: The Next Day

Nathaniel and I went to the library and ice cream shop the next day. I was wearing a white top with a aqua green skirt and black pumps. Nathaniel was wearing blue jeans, a grey v neck shirt and a white zip up jacket. He looked so handsome... ANYWAYS, we talked and blushed and talked and blushed.

Our usual.

I then worked up the courage to ask him to go check the closet in my attic with me.

"Hey Nathaniel, I found something last night. A cabinet. Except it's not a cabinet. It's... WEIRD. Can you come up and look at it with me?" I asked him shyly. "Sure thing," he replied to my delight. We went upstairs to my attic and he saw it and just stared at it in shock. He breathed, "I think I might know what this is." I looked at him skeptically. "Well, what is it?" I asked impatiently. "It's... It's a TIME MACHINE."

I blinked. Then I laughed. Loudly.

And he looked at me, chuckled lightly, and said, "No, for real. In 2017, a scientist named Noah Johnson made three time machines. One for himself, one for backup, and one for his brother. The brother turned it down saying it was dangerous and silly."

"How do you know?" I asked him. He replied, "Because, Noah Johnson was my uncle. That brother is my dad."

I stared at him in disbelief. "Really?"

"Yes, really! I've even heard it from my dad himself and seen the pictures. My only concern is why the hell one of the time machines is here, in your attic. I thought my dad had destroyed them when my uncle disappeared in 2020 in one of these machines."

I raised my eyebrows. I didn't know WHAT to say. I said, "Well, then we leave this THING here and never touch it or talk about it, m'kay?" Nathaniel nodded reluctantly. "Yeah, we don't want to get in any trouble with it. Let's go."

As we turned to go, we suddenly heard whooshing sound and the glow inside the cabinet started to intensify. We looked at the time machine, scared. It started to make popping noises, along with weird magic sounds. After a few seconds, out emerged a man dressed in a white lab coat, black boots, and HUGE black gloves.

"Hello kiddies. I've been waiting 17 years for this moment."

_______________________

And that's the end of Chapter 3! Thanks for reading and let me know what you think of it and who you think the man is.

~NJ Rod :)