Chapter 6: Friendly Storytime

Previously on Mega Time Travel Problems:

Then he said, "Well, we're gonna need backup aren't we?"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nathaniel and I both got out our phones and sent out holos to everyone on Uncle Noah's list. While both of us were still unsure of all of this, we didn't really have a choice. We had now moved from standing to sitting on old chairs and boxes in my attic. Thankfully, my parents were at work until 6pm (it was still only 3pm) and the supposed invite to the Jazz Hands Cafe would not come until 7pm when we had to meet at 8pm. My sister was in her room doing whatever it was that 14 year old girls do in their rooms nowadays and my brother was getting ready for his date with his girlfriend, Amy. I don't even know had I had dragged Lexi, Ricky, and Amy into all of this, but I sure did know that I was gonna fix it. They were not going to get arrested on my behalf and they were not going to have many bad things, as Noah had said, happen to them. I was pulled from my thoughts by Nathaniel.
"Heh, I bet this is the worst date EVER. I'm sorry, Roberta." He said.
I responded, blushing furiously, "I don't really think it's that bad. It's actually kinda... fun. Dare I say, exciting." I giggled. He chuckled.

Our eyes met for a split second and I could feel my heart beating faster and faster and we started leaning in, until...

"HEYO, THE LIFE OF THE PARTY HAS ARRIVED!"

...Until, one of my best friends and one of the craziest, loudest, most awesome friend ever arrived. Scarlet Tuccini. She had this thing where she was always at the wrong place at the wrong time. She looked at us about six inches apart from each other and smirked. Nathaniel and I sat up straight again and started blushing redder than Santa on Christmas. I got up and gave Scarlet a glare icier than ice itself. I then realized that she had come with her boyfriend, Carter Jones. He saw my glare and immediately went to talk with Nathaniel, not-so-sneakily avoiding the "talk" I was gonna have with Scarlet. She began with her childish singing, "Oooh! Roberta and Nathaniel sitting under a tree, K-I-S-S--" I slapped a hand on her mouth. "ShutUpShutUpShutUp!!!"
I then took her a distance away from the boys and told her, "I thought you were freaking 17, not seven! What the heck, girl?!" Scarlet giggled. "Well, you know me, I like to give not-so-gentle, but helpful, pushes to couples that are just taking too darn long to get together. You two have been eyeing each other since fifth year of Secondary School! It's the seventh year of Secondary School!" She gave me one of her signature smirks because she knew she was right. And unfortunately I knew it too. She was right. We then went back to where the boys were and found that a few others had already arrived. Asia Aquino, Quinn Jackson and her boyfriend Josh Popov, Ricky and his girlfriend Amy, and Diana Spencer. Ricky and Amy were wondering why they were called since they were the oldest and Diana and Asia were asking if they had stumbled upon an all couples meeting. Quinn and Josh were looking at each other in a very uncertain way. They were also avoiding looking at anyone. Something was up with them but I had to worry about other things at the moment, as everyone was wondering WHY they were in my attic on a Friday afternoon. "Roberta, why are we here? I don't understand," Diana started, eyes wide behind her thick glasses, "And WHO is this guy? And WHY are we in your attic?" I looked at Nathaniel and he nodded. I looked at Uncle Noah and said, "Why don't you explain, Noah." I said it as a statement, not a question. He then proceeded to explain to them what was going on. At the end, I looked around and Quinn started crying and left the attic. Josh looked around embarrassedly and muttered something under his breath. Then he followed Quinn. We just sat there in shock, not knowing what to say or do. Just then, Kristina and Michelle Russo entered, along with Kristina's boyfriend, Mason Williams. Winter Michaels came in a few seconds later. "Hey," she said, "I just saw Josh in front of the bathroom trying to get Quinn to come out and I heard crying from in there. What's going on?" We all looked at her sadly.

You could've heard a pin drop.

____________________________
Ooh, what will happen next? What do you think Quinn and Josh are hiding? Find out next in Chapter 7! Also please share and comment since I love ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK. Seriously. Like, if you don't like my story, LET ME KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG. Ill try to improve it. Okay. that's all. thanks! 😝😊🤗
Bye byez
~NJ Rod