Chapter 32: Are the First Ones Picked

Previously on Mega Time Travel Problems:

James.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nathaniel and I both groaned.

Shortly afterwards, after we had geared up again, we went to the back of the house in search of James. As we trudged through the wrecked furniture, Nathaniel got out his heat sensor and I called out, "James! James! It's Roberta from Team 7. Are you there James?"

No response.

We looked all around the room, but there was no trace of him. Then I remembered what Quinn had told me earlier.

"Nathaniel, let's look outside. That's where he said he was going before the bomb went off."

When we got outside, Nathaniel called out again.

Still no response.

We look around the entire back of the grounds, but didn't find James anywhere. When we had lost all hope and gone back to the Area, we heard a loud rumbling sound from somewhere above us. No more than three seconds later, a blast was heard. I heard screaming from all around the Area and yelling and the running of footsteps all around me.

I was snapped out of my trance by someone shaking me and pulling me to one of the far corners of the Area. Right outside of the entrance, parts of the roof kept on falling and within seconds the back staircase was halfway demolished. I covered my head with my arms and shielded the person behind me.

With a loud clang, the last part of whatever the heck that blast was, finished.

But the others around me and I stayed in complete and utter silence and stillness.

Nathaniel emerged after a few seconds from another side of the room. I turned to look around at the person behind me as I had, naturally, thought it had been Nathaniel. But when I turned and looked it was...

"Winter!"

The petite half Latina with cheetah print glasses smiled up at me. Behind her though, I could see there was yet another person in our little corner of the Area.

"Oh my goodness, Babette!"

The small, light brown haired girl with (still) childlike facial features and large, curious eyes grinned at me from her place behind Winter.

"When did you guys get here and where is the rest of your team?"

Winter laughed a bit. "Well, we got here a few minutes before the second blast went off. We found this place, thankfully before the second bomb, because Diana had hurt her shoulder when the first bomb or whatever went off. Part of a book shelf came down on her and, quite frankly, she's lucky to only have a hurt shoulder."

We made our way to some of the others in the other parts of the Area.
Nathaniel and Clara were helping Diana get up and carried her, with the help of Caleb and Gina, to the part of the Area where the floor what covered in white cloths and medical curtains were laid down on them. Scarlet quickly joined them and saw TO Diana's shoulder. Poor Diana was sobbing uncontrollably. And she never cried.

"Diana!" Quinn ran as best as she could to the spot where Diana laid.
"Diana, what happened?!" Quinn fell to her knees next to her brown-haired friend.
Diana sniffed and groaned when she tried to get up and failed. "Well, when the first bomb went off, I got scared and ran to where Babette was. A bookshelf began to fall and was about to hit her full on so I pushed her out of the way and tried to make a run for it and --"
Quinn cut her off. "And you couldn't." Diana nodded sheepishly. "Oh, Diana."

As I opened my mouth to speak, someone began yelling from the entrance of the Area.

________________________________
S: wHY
N: ...
S: WHY
N: ...
S: JUST ONE TIME
N: ...
S: JUST ONE MOTHER FRICKIN CHAPTER WHERE THERE IS NO MOTHER FRICKIN CLIFFHANGER I CANT MOTHER FRICKIN GET THAT
N: ...
S: *leaves in rage*
N: ...
N: ...
N: ...
N: So, yeah, that was Chapter 32!