Chapter 10: Oh No

Previously on Mega Time Travel Problems:

"When are you going to tell Clara?"

"Tell me what?"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Clara waited for an answer with a confused expression on her face. "Well. What are you going to tell me?"
Quinn took a shaky breath. She said hoarsely, "I... I slept with... Harry. I'm so sorry. It was a mistake. I should've never had that party a few weeks ago and bought that much alcohol. I-I'm so sorry." Quinn started to cry.
Clara just had a horrified expression.
She whispered, "No. No. It's not true. It's not true. No. No, he wouldn't do that to me. He wouldn't. No." She sat down by the door and looked at the ground, in shock. Quinn was still silently sobbing and the rest of us, well, we didn't know what to say. Lexi got up and got us all bottles of water, but we all knew it was because she just wanted to leave the room. We didn't blame her though. Personally, I too would've given anything to leave the room. Especially with what happened next. Harry walked into the room with a paper in his hand. "Hey girls, so while all of you were away, the guys and I made a list of necessary supp--" he stopped in his tracks when he saw Clara on the floor shooting daggers at him, Quinn still crying, and the rest of us with mixed expressions. He asked, "Oh is this like, a girl thing or... Am I intruding... Or... You know what? Imma go..."

"HOLD IT."

The statement was loud and strong at the same time. It was so powerful that it surprised me that it came from... me.
I got up from my bed and looked Harry in the eye and told him, "You wanna explain this situation?" He gulped and nervously said, "What situation?" I suddenly knew who the "stay" vote belonged to. "You know what Harry? I'll make you a deal. You tell no one of our plans or our whereabouts, and you're off the hook. You are free to go. Do we have a deal?" He looked around and saw the rest of the girls looking confused, but not me.
"Deal. I tell no one of your plans to escape and I'm free to go?"

"From this trip, yes. From other things," I looked at Quinn and Clara, "Not so sure."

I pointed towards the exit and he shuffled out. Clara, for the first time, started crying. But this time I went over and put an arm around her reassuringly. A while later, Carter came up to check on Scarlet and saw all of us crying or ranting or being confused. He said that we had most of the stuff on the supply list and that we were almost ready to go. Nathaniel came too. He walked over to where I was sitting and squeezed my hand. I got the butterflies in my stomach again. By this time it was almost 6pm and my parents would be home soon. Uncle Noah told us all to come back up to the attic to get ready to leave. We all wrote notes to our parents saying one excuse or another so they would have no definite lead.
Soon, we all left to the loop station.

We got to the station to find out that they had no more rides to Swanky, Washington.

And in the words of Winter, "We're screwed."

____________________________
Uh oh! Trouble has started! What will the gang do next? Find out next on Chapter 11.
Also you must know the drill by now. Comment, share, etc, etc, etc.
BYEZ
~NJ Rod