Chapter 28: The portal room

Previously on Mega Time Travel Problems:

We all got up and followed him out of the room.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Noah led us to the basement of the house and through many hallways, passages, and doors. It took us nearly fifteen minutes from the breakfast room to the room.

"Kids, welcome to the portal room." Noah stopped at a door and took out a key from his pockets. "This is where the Noah Johnson Time Travel Machine is!"

He opened the door to reveal the cabinet like machine standing there, glowing, almost eerily. We went in and I noticed that the portal room was quite big and could've held at least another ten people. Noah walked over to the NJTTM machine and started pressing buttons and turning knobs. Everyone looked around, soaking everything in. It was a lot to take in such little time.

After a few minutes of looking around, Noah called me over.

"Psst. PSST. Roberta. Roberta!" he whispered.

I turned to look at him. "Yes?"

He waved his hand for me to come over. I walked over to him and sat down where he was trying to fix something on the machine. It looked like a dial with digital numbers on the top. He put in a number: 101116. I didn't know what it meant but I wanted to find out. He patted my back slightly and smiled.
"So this is my greatest invention."
"It's beautiful."
"Yeah. And I'm leaving it to you."
I froze. "What?"

He chucked. "I mean, if anything were to happen to me, I'm leaving you in charge of it."

"Oh. Wow. Thank you?" I didn't know what to feel. "But nothing will happen to you; don't think like that. "

He chuckled again. "Alright then, but I'm just saying, in the case of, then you know how to operate it, okay?"

"Okay."

A while later, we left the portal room and started going back up to our rooms. Nathaniel tapped on my arm lightly and nodded his over to a window in one of the hallways. There was a large back garden. I giggled as he led me away from the rest of the group, quietly and quickly. Lexi saw us, smirked, and mouthed, "Be careful." as we left. I nodded and Nathaniel and I went down the stairs and out to the gardens. When we got down there, Nathaniel led me to a part filled with my favorite flowers, yellow roses. We sat down on a bench and talked for what seemed like hours.

As I was telling Nathaniel something about my family, he suddenly looked up from my face to something behind me. He grabbed my hand swiftly and I stopped talking. I was too scared to look behind me. Instead, I kept on looking at him worriedly, for he had not kept his off of whatever was behind me.

"What's going on?"

"Look."

I turned around and almost screamed.

_______________________________

N: Hey guys!

S: We're baaaaaaack!

N: Yeah. We hope you liked this chapter and more chapters are COMING SOON!

S: Uh huh, uh huh! Actually, I would've liked this chapter if, oh I don't know, IT DIDN'T END IN A CLIFFHANGER?!!!!

N:... Whoops.

S: What happens next though?!?!

N: *sings* you'll have to find oouuutttt!!!!

S: darn you, Naomi.

N: *giggles*