S E V E N T E E N

"How do I look?"

Tom turned around and looked me up and down, "Beautiful."

"You don't look to bad yourself." I said, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

We both looked into the floor length mirror that was in my bedroom. I had on a short sleeve, black sparkly dress that hit me mid thigh with a pair of black flats on. Tom had on black jeans and a white button up paired with some black vans on.

"We look hot." I smirked as we both stared into the mirror.

Tom nodded as he placed an ever so passionate kiss onto my lips. I smiled as I pulled away from him, patting his cheek.

"You know we can't do that at the party if we wanna keep this a secret? We have to act like best friends." I gestured in between us.

He pouted, "Yeah, that's no fun."

"I'm sorry, Tommy, but not even my dad knows."

"What don't I know?"

My breath caught in my throat as Tom and I turned around. My dad was standing in the doorway wearing his party outfit.

I chewed my lip, "My fear of..."

"Pelicans. She's terrified of them." Tom blurted.

"You're scared of Pelicans?" my dad raised his eyebrows.

I played along and covered my ears, "Stop talking about them!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down. I just came up to say that the cast is starting to arrive." he gave me a weird look.

I stepped forward, "Who's here now?"

"Sebastian."

I squealed, "We'll be down in a second!"

My dad shook his head as he walked off, back down the stairs. I spun on my heels and glared at Tom.

"Pelicans?!" I groaned.

He put his hands up in the air in defeat, "I panicked!"

"Now I have to remember to be afraid of Pelicans every time I see them." I mumbled as I pulled Tom out of my bedroom.

I let go of his hand at the top of the stairs. I quickly walked down them and frantically searched for Sebastian, since my dad had told me that he was here.

When I laid eyes on him, I squealed again. I hadn't seen anyone of the cast members since filming ended more than two months ago.

"POPSICLE!" I screamed.

Sebastian turned around and opened his arms wide, allowing me to run right into them. He held me tight.

"Is it weird to say that you look older?" Sebastian asked as he let go of the hug.

I shrugged, "So do you."

"You suck." he frowned at me.

I giggled. I heard the front door open and immediately turned around.

"MACKIE IS IN THE HIZ-HOUSE!"

I squealed, "MACK ATTACK!"

I ran over to him and hugged him tight. This night is going to be full of hugs and excitement.

I love it.

•••••

"So, has he made a move yet?"

I looked up to see Scarlett and Lizzie in front of me. Damn, I forgot about this plan of theirs.

I pretended to look upset, "Nope, I don't think he's going to."

"So what are you gonna do?" Lizzie asked.

I groaned, "Not gonna even try to make a move. He obviously doesn't like me. I wanna at least try to enjoy this party."

"Anything else you're gonna do tonight?" Scarlett asked this time.

I grabbed a glass of alcohol off the makeshift bar my dad had sat up, "Drink my feelings away."

"Have you ever had alcohol before?" Lizzie asked as I took a sip.

It stung as it went down.

I shrugged, "A couple of times. Only ever on holidays though."

"Don't go too crazy." Scarlett patted my shoulder before her and Lizzie walked off.

I downed the cup of alcohol before grabbing another one. I had to make my self pity look believable.

"What number is that?" Tom asked as he showed up beside me.

I held it up, "Number two. What number are you on?"

"Number two. It's probably gonna be my last. I'm not a big alcohol fan." Tom replied.

I nodded as he walked off to talk to some of the other cast members. When I finished my second cup, I picked up my third.

Gosh, I'm gonna be so drunk by the end of the night.