T W E N T Y S I X

I tied my wet hair up into a bun on top of my head. After my shower, I put on black leggings and a long sleeve white shirt along with some purple fuzzy socks. It was only about 6pm, but I wanted to feel comfy.

"Hey, Tommy?" I asked as I stood in the doorway of his room.

He turned around as he pulled on a tshirt, "Yeah, Lilah?"

"I'm hungry. You wanna just go out for dinner since your mom is out with the boys?"

He shrugged, "Why not? Where do you wanna go?"

"I found an interesting sounding restaurant in a different town. It's just a 50 minute train ride." I shrugged.

He ran his fingers through his wet hair, "You want to go to a different town for food?"

"Please? We can go exploring after dinner." I cheekily smiled.

He groaned, "Fine. Put a jacket and shoes on."

I skipped back to my room and did what he said. Moments later we had left the house and were walking toward the train station. It didn't take us very long to make it to the train station. Once there, Tom and I walked up to the ticket booth.

"How can I help you?" the teller asked.

"Two tickets to get us to Hanwell."

She typed something into her computer before looking back at Tom, "That'll be 22 pounds."

He quickly handed her the money from his wallet. She in turn, handed him our tickets. Tom and I linked arms before walking over to the side where our train should come.

It had gotten significantly colder since we were at the park this afternoon. Tom and I huddle together on a bench as we waited. Our train should arrive any second now.

Almost like clockwork, the train pulled into the station, coming to a screeching halt. Tom and I boarded the train and handed the ticket collector our tickets before finding ourselves seats. We found two seats next to each other and sat down.

The train car was much warmer than it was outside. The warmth and coziness made me realize how tired I really was. I snuggled into Tom's side and closed my eyes.

"Wake me when we get there." I whispered before drifting off to sleep.

•••••

I rubbed my eyes as I sat up. That's when I saw  that Tom had fallen asleep as well. Oh no, I hope we didn't miss our stop.

I slid my phone out of my jacket pocket to check the time, "2:17am. What the hell?"

We've been on this train for 8 hours. Where the hell are we?

I shook Tom awake as my panic started to set in. He rubbed his eyes like I had before looking over at me.

"What's wrong?" he groggily asked.

I showed him the time on my phone, "We fell asleep. For 8 hours!"

"Where are we?" his eyes went wide and he looked completely awake.

All of a sudden, the train started slowing down. I guess we're pulling into a station. Once the train came to a complete stop, both Tom and I got off. We both desperately searched for the ticket booth to see if we could purchase tickets home. When we found one, we ran over to it, only to figure out that it was closed. I guess there won't be any more trains until at least sunrise.

"Where are we, Tommy?" I asked, still slightly panicking.

He pulled out his phone and I'm assuming hit the "my location" button on the maps app. I watched his facial expressions as he looked. My fear worsened when I saw his eyes go wide.

"Lilah, you'll never guess where we are."