t h r e e ✖️ almost kiss

cashlynn's pov

i woke up peacefully, the sun shining through the curtains and giving the room a warm touch.

my mind spun in circles for a good thirty seconds as i wondered why i was in the guest bedroom.

i finally remembered, knowing that i slept here with hunter last night.

heat rose to my cheeks as i remembered his strong arms embracing me in his safe hold.

i looked to my side to see if he was still there holding me, only to realize he was no longer laying down beside me.

i sighed, slipping out from under the covers and heading downstairs tiredly.

once in the living room, i immediately smelled the familiar mouth watering scent of bacon.

i quickly rushed to the kitchen, my stomach growling in hunger.

sure enough, by the stove stood hunter who was finishing cooking up the last strips of bacon.

he finished quickly, placing bacon onto two separate plates, which also held eggs and pancakes.

"good morning hunt." i abruptly said, making hunter spin around.

"there's the sleeping beauty." he smiled, walking over to me and wrapping me in a hug. "i made you and i breakfast so we can have a fun day."

"aww that's sweet, you didn't have to!" i blushed, taking a seat at the table.

"you know full well you would have killed me if i didn't."

i shrugged, agreeing to his statement before he set the breakfast plate in front of me.

"this looks so good!!" i gasped, my mouth drooling just at the sight.

hunter blushed, starting to eat his food.

i stared at him, admiring how amazing this boy could be.

finally, not wanting hunter to catch me staring at him, i started to dig into the breakfast myself.

"holy crap!" i gawked at how amazing the food tasted. i continued eating, scrolling through my phone and making small talk with hunter.

"so i was wondering, you wanna go to the park today?" hunter asked suddenly and i looked up from my now empty plate.

"of course!" i smiled, standing up and placing my dish in the sink. "let me go get ready."

"why not just go like that?" hunter suggested, pointing at my sweats, sports bra, and my messy tangled hair.

"you're kidding, right?" i laughed.

he shook his head. "you already look beautiful, cash."

"no i don't, i look like a dead rat." i frowned, my head hanging low and looking at my fumbling fingers.

i heard the chair scrape across the floor, and soon enough hunter was gripping my chin softly, forcing me to look at him.

"don't say that." he said, his eyes sad. "you always look beautiful and don't let yourself or anyone else tell you otherwise."

i smiled at him thankfully as he kissed my forehead. by now, my face was probably as red as a tomato.

how could this boy, the boy i had been best friends with forever, make me feel this amazing loving emotion i had never felt before?